You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Trip...

Sadly, I didn't take nearly enough pictures....the kids played with cousins galore and I don't have the pictures to prove it. It was a very nice trip. Travleing was a breeze believe it or not and the visit was amazing as well. here are a few good memories:
1. We had our individual family pictures taken...and even though Travis complained, I think they will be super cute.
2. We had a big "Chesley" family picture taken (like 40-50 people) - twice...the first time the camera didn't focus so we dressed up again the next day and did some more....
3. We helped Aunt Nikki move out of her house.
4. We played and played with cousins.
5. We got to eat Higley Hot Dog and Native New Yorker. Sadly, we didn't make it to Serranos. :(
6. Tyler Hunter and Gwendalin got to sleep in the same room on the trundle bed. One night while I was up with Dallin in the next room over, I heard Tyler scream. I went in and he had been asleep on the tallest of the beds, he was twisted and tangled in the sheets and had fallen off the side (Thus the shout) but he was still alseep dangling from the sheet off the side of the bed over Gwendalin's head. :) I moved him back up. So cute!
7. The kids got to play chase with Grandpa and read lots of books with Grandma!
8. Thanksgiving was so good...Judy makes awesome coconut creme and banana creme pies!
9. We remembered why families are important to stay in touch with. I love that my kids get to know both sides!

Here are the kids at Uncle Jason's house...they got to play and spy on the grown ups with Cayden's cool spy stuff...and eat pizza and play outside in the rain. Aside from the 2 hour drive it took us to get to his side of the valley, it was a good visit.




Gwendalin played some sort of "mothering" game with her cousins...In the picture are Bryant and Trevor. She would lead them around the house by the hand....they were so patient with her....it was cute.


Hunter got to go with us to Rubios (Uncle Phil goes for the fish tacos, so we went along.) Anyway, he was thrilled because his kid's meal came with a churro. :)

Here are the kiddos watching Wall-E or Kung Fu Panda...for quiet time...we were trying to stay quiet for the nappers at each house. (Grandma's and Nancy's)


My kids got a little bored during the day because they didn't have school and their cousins did....but they found ways to stay entertained. They gathered leaves and made a leaf pile by the garden with Brock and Bryce (Nancy and Aric's boys).




Hunter was laying in the bathroom while I was bathing the kids, telling me how unfair life was and how hungry he was....before you knew it he had passed out....too much playing. ;)

4 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like you had a great trip! Too bad I wasn't around to meet up with you - that would have been fun! Next time you are down let me know.

The Gibbens said...

Look at them, IN SHORTS!!! What a fun trip! I'm glad that so much family is here- but kinda wish we had some to go back "home" and visit- I'm jealous that you got Native!!!... man, I need some honey hot wings... I think that is the cutest pic of Hunter asleep on the clothes pile- fun trip, glad it went smoothly.

Brigg and Dianne said...

Wow, what a great trip! Definitely one to be remembered. I'm glad you all had a good time. And family pics are hard enough to make happen with the hubby complaining. I had been trying for over 6 months to get ours finally taken! Be sure to post some ASAP!

Jake and Lynn said...

How fun! I'm glad you had a good time. I love that they had fun with their cousins!