You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ever had one of those dreams?

Our last night in Arizona for Thanksgiving I had a dream. No, not a Martin Luther King Jr. dream, but very real dream that scared me silly. I have only every had a few in my life that were so real I wake up in tears like this. But it was a dream that Hunter along with 2 of my nephews on the Chesley side, were killed. I couldn't get the point across to whomever I was with that I had just lost my son. It was awful! I woke up and went to make sure he was fine....and he was. On the way to the airport I was telling him about it (Hunter) and I started to cry again. If for no other reason I am glad I had it just to realize how much I cherish my family. Hunter just hugged me and told me he loved me. :)

6 comments:

Amy said...

Marie - I went through a period about 8 months ago in which I had recurring nightmares about one of the girls dying. It was never both but I dreamed that Katie died and Jessica died like several several times. They were so real each time. I asked Bill for a blessing and he gave me one and I had one more but that's all. I talked it out with Mike over and over again and I guess that settled it in my subconscious. I never had bad dreams as a kid or a young adult and let me tell you having these dreams was one of the most awful feelings I have ever felt. I am so sorry you had that dream and I'm glad it was just a dream and I will pray you won't have anymore.

slades said...

Mothers' have dreams that have to do with our fears. At least I hope they are not other than that. THey do put things in perspective. love you

Heidelweiss said...

How awful. I had a dream a few months ago that I lost Will and Lizzy and we never found them. It was my fault because I lost track of them at some crowded gathering and it was just so hideous. I think it's true that we dream about what we fear most. I'm so sorry. Blessings do help. I hope you don't have another one for a very long time.

Jake and Lynn said...

I hate those dreams for the reason that they seem so real and it takes so long for the emotions to calm down. But maybe they are just very vivid reminders of how much we need to cherish our family. You have such a sweet son. I always laugh when I remember talking with you on the phone and he would be trying to give you hugs and kisses. Be sure to give him love from Aunt Lynnie, I need to come visit. for sure I need to come visit.

The Gibbens said...

I've only had about 2-3 of dreams that felt that crazy real... and never about one of my kids (at least not that I remember)... That's enough to wrench a mom's heart just to think about, much less have a real feeling dream about- Sweet little ones... so sweet- I loved the pic of Hunter and Ty asleep on the top bunk by the way- I use to do the same thing to Jason when we lived in the apt's on Nizoni Ave over by GHS- I don't even think you were born yet- Great big brothers.

Meg said...

Oh, those horrible nightmares. I understand. Once I dreamed that I lost Ira and I couldn't find him and nobody understood and no one would help me look for him. It was terrible. I'm so sorry you had such a terrible dream. Hope you don't have another. Hugs!