- Dallin peed on the floor in the family room
- Dallin peed on Tyler while they were across the toilet from eachother
- We played way too much
- At the public pool in Thursday we had to leave early b/c someone had diaherria in the pool (not one of us)
- Hunter was hanging out with his friend Josh all week and when he got invited by another friend to go to the water park (Roaring springs) I told him no,since he had already committed to Josh. He called his water park friend and talked to his mother and ended up taking Josh with him and the other friend and paid $30 to get Josh in. He never gives up if he wants something.
- I went crazy when someone got into the mismatched sock basket and didn't put all the socks back in it when they were done looking.
- Gwendlain had learned some very adult concepts from someone and was sharing them with her friend down the street...( I Think we have gotten to the bottom of that)
- We ate way too much junk food during the watching of the NBA finals with our friends from down the street.
- Dallin rode his scooter to my parent's with nothing but his swim trunks and a pair of toy handcuffs on....it proved disasterous on his ride home, when he crashed due to the handcuffs not letting him steer as he should- he got all sorts of scraped up.
- I got to go running 2 miles with Hunter - he ran almost the entire way!
- I got to run while Gwendlain rode her bike (3miles).
You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley
Monday, June 25, 2012
This last week:
We had chicken from Albertson's on Friday night. Dallin fell asleep on the way there so, Travis had to carry him through the store....it was pretty darn cute. I (with the help of my mom) made Travis a very large blanket for Father's day and the kids love to use it when they are on my bed....so I snapped a picture. And since Gwendalin got a new mattress from my mom and dad, we put her old one in the family room and the kids love to sit on top of it when we have it put up to make the room bigger. Yesterday they knocked 1 of the antelope off the wall....And we snapped a picture of Dallin and Dylan (Lynn and Jared Frothinger's baby) when they stopped by on Friday night. Dylan was born in May and Dallin in August - they are soooo cute!
There's a place (State park) here close by that's called Eagle Island. It's sandy and has a wee bit of lake water and the kdis love it. I love to try to get my legs tan. :) Here a a few pictures from our trip there last week. Hunter had his friend Josh with us and Trish and her girls came too!
Thursday, June 14, 2012
We went camping on Monday after the boys got home for father and sons on Saturday. We pulled up a tent trailer and mom and dad's 5th wheel. It worked out ideally because the kids always wanted to be hanging out in the tent trailer.
Tyler found a frog and that drew a whole lot of attention for all the kids to come and see. Dallin was very intrigued and by the time he got over there and observed for a few moments....I heard Gwendalin say "Mom, Dallin is stomping the frog..." so I watched and sure enough he stomped it again. I ran over and the poor little frog's guts were all hanging out and he was near death. I scooped up Dallin in my arms and carried him to my car and had him sit in his carseat for "time out" - the other kids took care of the frog and put it to rest in the lake. When I asked Dallin why he did that - he said that the frog wouldn't let him catch it so he was trying to make him stop. We had a long talk and then said a prayer to tell Heavenly Father that he was sorry he hurt the frog.
We camped right next to Cascade lake and there were a few beachy areas that the kids loved to play next to. It was fun to watch them play in the water and then take advatage of the free showers at the campsite after they were through in the lake and were freezing. You could hear Hunter and Tyler singing in the showers through the whole campsite.
The kids of course had a blast building/playing with the fire - going on adventures - and finding sticks. Dallin found a rocky area he liked to climb and kept referring to it as his "climbing skills" - "Can, I go do my climbing skills?" It was pretty cute. The kids also played games with Grandma and aunt Trish and loved every minute.
I have amazing kids and nieces/nephews. I am so glad my parents have the patience to go with us and create more memories for them to have. Tricia and I had lots of time for laughing while we slept in the tent trailer with the big kids....(Travis and Matthew were working and couldn't come).