You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Friday, December 26, 2008

Oh, the festivities!

This year Christmas was a bit different for us! I had a rough time even getting into the Christmas spirit...and only put up the stockings and the tree (which are already down). It made for very easy clean up and less stress for me. I may do it for a few more years while my kids are little....the thought of a lot of decor and the like just make me so tired.

We rang in the first day of "no school" with the making of the gingerbread house. Hunter and Gwennie did the decorating, and Tyler did the un-decorating after which he sat on the table hoping the house would be returned so he could eat more. Dallin enjoyed a nice nap during the festivities.

Christmas Eve was spent at mom and dads eating lasagna (yum!) and having the kids re-in act the Nativity. Hunter was Joseph, Jocilyn was Mary, Gwendalin and McKenna were angels and Tyler (The Texas) was either a wise man or a Shepard, I'm not sure. But they were darn cute. They walked into the room to "When Joseph Went to Bethlehem" and then the angels sang "Away in a Manger."

After we came home from grandma and grandpa's it was off to bed for the kiddos. They went down okay, except for Gwennie (she took a nap earlier). When she finally fell asleep aroumd 10:00 Hunter was up using the bathroom and then couldn't go back to sleep- he kept hearing footsteps outside and bells jingling. :) Travis and I were dying - we are usually in bed by 9 or 10 and we didn't get in bed until midnightish. There was a little bike that needed building and some presents that needed wrapped.

Christmas morning was great...we started out with some sticky bread and then waited for GM and GP to come and watch the present openings. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of any of it. Tyler loved his bike and constantly pushed the button that played music so he could dance. Hunter was thrilled with some roller blades, a new scooter, helmet, magic set, and rubiks cube. Gwendalin's favorite was a barbie that sings - she also go a washer and dryer (she's been asking for a set like mine for quite some time). I think it was a very successful morning. I got Travis a bathrobe, and he surprised me (like he does every year) with a bose docking station for our iPod, and a new 10.1mp Sony Digital Camera.

Hunter has thoroughly enjoyed the snow during his no school time. He has embarked on sledding adventures almost daily. I think it is his new found love.

Merry Christmas to all!
















6 comments:

Heidelweiss said...

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful Christmas. Very cute pics, as always ;).

Marie said...

Dood, I am glad your Christmas was good. Less is more when it comes to decorations! The kids could care less anyway.
I can't believe the snow!!

Gretch said...

Sounds like it was a great Christmas! I loved all the pictures, especially the one where Ty looks so innocent by the gingerbread house. Too funny!
I'm amazed that you guys go to bed so early. I really need to do that. I'm never in bed before 11pm!

The Gibbens said...

i love it! hard to believe Christmas came and went already... wish i'd had more spirit this year... great pics... i need to blog...

Brigg and Dianne said...

Cute Christmas pictures! I totally remember that zebra from your mom's house. And look at that snow!

Meg said...

Merry Christmas! Glad it was a good one. I think you are so smart to just put up the stockings and tree. I think I might do that next year; I have picked up decorations all day every day since I put them up! :) You have such cute kids. Those pictures of the nativity are so sweet!