You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dear Tyler





Dear Tyler,
Tonight you don't feel very good. But you are as sweet as ever. I don't know if it's the "feeling icky" or just your sweet you , but when I got you out of the tub and put on your jammies we were talking about Heavenly Father. You pointed out that He let you sit on His lap. Regardless of why you said it (sick or not) it was so sweet just like you.

I love that you come up to me and sit as close as you can and say quietly "mom? you know I luv you?" or "I luv you so much." It's so sweet and so sincere. You don't only do it to me, but also to Dad and occasionally to your siblings as well.

I am grateful for your patience with your little brother. He knows how to push your buttons and I am glad that you still love him and try to play with him.

I see every day that you are very similar to me. Everything has to be just perfect according to your standard of perfect or there's a serious problem in your mind that something horrible has gone wrong. Shoe laces, clothes, HAIR, (oh, man that hair, it has to be moussed just right or it's not "handsome"), etc.

I love your ability to play content in a corner by yourself with your dinosaurs when there's no one else around. You make the greatest noises with those dinosaurs and with your airplanes and cars!

It's great that you can be a distance away from me and see me catch you eye and flash a big "thumbs up" with a huge grin! It melts my heart!



I look forward to Sundays when you see your older siblings getting their scriptures and you scour the house looking for a set that you can take as well.

It doesn't matter what the case if someone asks you something that doesn't mean that much to you your answer is always "nah." and you dismiss it immediately. For instance, in primary your teacher asked you if you liked to play with your brothers and sister (you were busy playing so you didn't care) the answer was "nah" and you flipped your hand nonchalantly at her. This was a recurring theme for you that day in Sunbeams...every answer was "nah."

I love that you laugh at everything, espeically that you are so talented in the burping area when you drink any fluid. It is hilarious to watch you laugh after you burp...it's so funny to you.

You motivate me. Every day you ask "mom, are we going to exercise today?" because you love going to the church and playing with your friends while I work out...regardless of why you ask, it motivates me.

Little Texas you are an amazing boy. You are content to watch, and yet you hate to be left out when there's a lot of action. You love to help with anything I'm doing. And you loved to find everything sweet in the cupboards when I'm not looking - what pops in my head right now are the sprinkles from the sprinkle jar that you just sat on the counter and poured into your mouth.

I am so glad you have such a sense of worth! You play the Wii and just finishing a game you raise both hands in the air while announcing "I'm AWESOME!" Yes, Tex, you are awesome! I am glad Heavenly Father let you get off His lap and come share mine for a while. I love you.

2 comments:

Jake and Lynn said...

T... Tyler Texas is such a sweet boy indeed. love your sweet words.

p.s. i need to hear this kid burp...

The Gibbens said...

Oh Texas! What a dear boy! These letters to your wee ones are wonderful! This boy is so sweet, so complimentary and kind, what a blessing.