You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Friday, March 5, 2010

Dear Hunter


Dear Hunter,

You are going to be eight in a little over a month....what happened? I remember bringing you home from the hospital and being terrified that the nurses couldn't come with me. It turned out, I think I did ok.

You are such a precious boy. You try so so hard to do everything right and everything that will please your dad and I. I am amazed at your memorization capacity - you are 7 years old and you have black belt in karate. That's a lot of hard work and moves to memorize. Way to go!

You have started piano and are picking up on it so well. I am glad for that since I am the teacher and I would feel like a total failure if I didn't do a good job.

I love you love of reading the scriptures and how every night at family study you ask to read a few verses.

I enjoy our evening moments together when I come into your room to tuck you in. We have our best conversations there. I learn about your day, your fears, friends, frustrations, etc. I am glad that you feel that you can confide in me. Don't ever lose that characteristic because I love you no matter what and want you to be successful in this life.

I love that you want so much to be like your dad and on any occasion you are hot on his heels to go with him, even if it's just around the block! You have such a desire to never disappoint - that's so awesome!



In a few months you are going to be baptized. WHAT? It is so crazy that you are olde enough to start on the path of eternal life by making each covenant. You have worked so hard for the last year (yes year) memorizing the 13 Articles of Faith in preparation for this big day! You are almost there....1 and 1/2 to go! I am so proud of you.

You have such a magnetic personality. When I watch you with your friends I see that. All of them congregate at our house by you...waiting to see what fun think you will be doing that day. It's usually football on our front lawn, lately it's been soccer.

You always have the sweetest smile. It takes a lot to get under your skin and irritate you. That is such a gift that came from God. Don't lose that. When I see you smile I realize how much physically you are like me...those top teeth....there will be some braces I promise. :)

I think it's so sweet that whenever you lose a tooth there is always a tooth under your pillow along with a note to the toothfairy. Sometimes it's just a note, sometimes it's a questionaire...regardless I love it that you think about her/him.

You are getting big so fast and that is evident to me when we are eating dinner and you have all kinds of "football" stories from school about how you dove to catch the ball, or how you totally intercepted it from a 5th grader! Never lose that confidence sweet boy!

I adore you Hunter. I am so glad that you set such a good example for your brothers and sister. I apppreciate so much your willingness to help - even if it is just so you can go out and play. Keep that twinkle in your eye and the spring in your step, continue being kind to everyone you meet and people will continue to love you- maybe not as much as me, but they will love you for your kindness. I love you.

1 comment:

The Gibbens said...

Sweet Hunter boy! another lovely letter to one of your babies! I've loved reading them, thanks for sharing them with us... I like to think that I love your kids much like I love my own- precious spirits...