You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dear Dallin


Dear Dallin,

Tonight I watched you as you went to "tell" your brothers and sisters so obediently that it was time for scriptures. You ran to them as soon as I asked with a smile on your face , and when I say ran, I mean ran. Your head led the way and it looked as though you might just topple over because your legs couldn't quite keep up with you as you went - you had your arms for balance out in front of you - maybe that's why you didn't tumble. It was darling to watch you go. The diaper only attire just added to the cuteness.

I think it's great that when it's time for bed you can't let me leave the room with out a tuss (kiss). And you kiss my cheek and life is good. And once I'm gone from the room, you lay in your bed and talk and laugh just enjoying the moment.

I love that by softly laughing a "hee hee hee" in your ear tends to bring on contangious giggles that won't quit. I love that when you want my attention you grab my face or yell "MAHM" until I am completely yours.

I think it's great that no matter who you want, in order to get their attention they are all "MAHM" - even grandparents and dad become mom when you want them to notice what you are saying.


I love your conversations. You have so much to say - even if I don't understand any of the babble, I love the inflections in your voice and the cander with which you tell your stories. I can only imagine what might be going on in your mind - I'm sure the veil is still very thin for you.

I think it's hilarious that any chance you get if a door is opened you are hot on the trail to get outside.

Your love for our dogs is also endearing. I think it's great that you always want to know where Aggie is and then when you see her in person or she gets too close to you physically you are in tears.

Right now you are so inquisitive. You are always asking either where "papa" is or where Aggie is. It is repeated continuously until you get an answer. "Where's papa?" (with your shoulders shrugged and your face perplexed) when I respond "at his house, or she's sleeping." Your reply is simply "oh." and you are satisfied for at least 30 seconds until you ask again.

You have such a tender heart. I love that you point to "papa" (grandma/grandpa) every time we go down the hall to your room, and then on the way back you point out Jesus on the wall.

I love that no matter what the circumstances a bottle and "dit dut" (blanket) can make everything better. It doesn't hurt to be wearing only a diaper as well...you tend to be much happier that way.

Dallie, you always have a grin. You always want to be social. I love your enthusiasm for life. What a blessing you are to our family.

3 comments:

slades said...

He is such a little sweetheart. He can melt mine .

Jake and Lynn said...

What a sweet letter and great idea. I might have to steal it. But in the meantime, tell me how to stop my tears, those were such sweet words about your baby boy.

The Gibbens said...

I'm with Lynn... tears for sure, my eyes are so "clean" this morning after reading these letters! I love that baby of yours! It was wonderful on Sunday, he was NOT happy in nursery and so I went in, he sat in my lap and we rocked and talked together. he just lay his little head on my chest and snuggled- sweet, sweet Dallin- love that kid!

ps... I may steal the idea (letters) too... don't hate.