You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween...


I think Halloween is cute only because my kids look cute all dressed up. I hate the candy because when it's around I eat it, and then I feel like poop. ugh! Travis loves it and strategically plans out how to get the kids the most candy so he can celebrate the holiday with them....ah, the joys of childhood. Here are our Halloween rules: We get candy and come home, Travis gets first picks out of the buckets and then they can have the rest of their treasures. Here are a few pics of us this halloween season. Hunter dressed as a ninja- his hood/mask covered his head, but he wanted orange hair anyway...so we sprayed it. Gwennie was a ballerina with brown boots....it was lovely. Tyler refused to be the pumpkin I had for him, I even tried a superman cape, but he wanted nothing to do with any costume. Dallin wore a sleeper with a ghost on it. :)


A few years back before we moved back to Idaho, Travis got laid off his job and had lots of time on his hands...he carved these pumpkins, one is the 9/11 firemen with the flag picture and the other is Bruce the shart off of Finding Nemo. I couldn't get them the scan so these are digital photos of the hard photos that I had....I think you can still see how great of a job he did.



























Yes, he has the mask of Hunter's costume on, and it's upside down...the mouth hole is one his forehead.



8 comments:

Alicia said...

HOW CUTE! you have NO IDEA how excited I am to see you, Travis and the kids! YAY! I cannot wait!

Alicia said...

how cute :-)
I am so excited to see you guys! YOU HAVE NO IDEA! I cannot wait!

Brigg and Dianne said...

Your kids crack me up! I sooo do not want to mess with Hunter!

Jake and Lynn said...

Ty didn't want to be the pumpkin, that's too bad it would've been so cute. All the other costumes turned out great. I love the ninja! I didn't know that Travis gets first dibs on their candy, that is so funny.

Heidelweiss said...

Such cute pics. I love the one of Gwendalin with her hand on her hip. How very girly.

Meg said...

They're all so cute! And wow, those pumpkins are amazing!

The Gibbens said...

I'm glad you found a pic of the 9/11 and Nemo pumpkins- that was a good year for your families pumpkin carving! Cute kids, fun costumes- Happy Halloween!

Mary said...

my mom mentioned she saw you, so glad you said something! oh how i hope things look better for you in the months to come. i know my bro is in the same boat up there. I know the lord will bless you, you guys are so on track. be faithful.