You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Monday, October 13, 2008

Just give me a bed!

So, I guess we are all pretty tired around here. I don't know why...we are running around all the time maybe? No naps some days? Too much play time? No bed in sight? Well, this week we remedied the situation somewhat. The kids were falling asleep all over the place and we needed to fix it.












































Yes, Tyler fell asleep sitting up as a result of "bed moving" day - he had no place to nap and fell asleep right before dinner sitting up. Poor little guy.










We do have beds...in fact Ty was trying to just sleep in the bassinet (or maybe he was playing)...so we finally "graduated" him out of his crib and into a regular bed with Hunter in his room. It has been an adjustment...the first night or second I don't remember, Hunter was sick throwing up and while Travis and I were cleaning it up...Tyler slept through the whole thing - what a champ!






















































Anyhow, now we have Tyler out of the crib and into a big boy bed in Hunter's room. Hunter gets the top bunk in his new sharing room - he is thrilled. Gwendalin always had a bed, but chose to fall asleep on the floor, Dallin is out of the bassinet and now in the crib. Whew! Transition is always great fun!

9 comments:

The Gibbens said...

You couldn't ask for better pics! I love sleeping pictures and those are so random they look posed, but are totally not- I love it!

Heidelweiss said...

I'm so amused by kids falling asleep in crazy places. The baby in the recliner is my favorite. You just stick them somewhere that is soft and they won't fall out of so you can hurry and get something done! Lizzy fell asleep in the grocery cart today. I had to just pick her up and carry her through the rest of the store so she didn't bonk her head on the cart. Poor kids.

Robby and Mary said...

That is hilarious. I laughed so hard at your pictures. Cute. Anyway - I like your bunk bed and it looks your kids will like it too.

The {Prince} Family said...

Ha! Cute post! Hey at least they are sleeping right? :)

Hey Jamie {Pew} Grimsley asked that ya invite her to your blog.

jamielyn98@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Meg said...

I love this post! You're kids are so cute. Congrats on getting kids transitioned into different beds/cribs.

Jake and Lynn said...

Such a cute post! I love the picture with Tyler legs sticking out of the bassinet.

Melissa said...

So cute. Tonight Rachel choose to sleep on the floor and Jacob fell asleep on the couch reading The Magic Treehouse books. Often we play musical beds. Kids in my bed, me in the kid's bed, Winslow on the couch or the floor. Winslow often wonders why we have three bedrooms when everyone seems to sleep anywhere but their own BED!

Brigg and Dianne said...

It seems like kids always get sick during transitional times, right? Things are always crazy for a few days.
Anyway, I'll bet getting Grandma and Grandpa back is very exciting! You guys are going to have FUN at holidays time!

Gretch said...

Cute pictures! I love the Ty ones. I'm glad the transitions have gone well. I'm not looking forward to getting Charley out of the crib.