You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Sunday, October 19, 2008

As Is...

Note: I have had a heck of a time with the editing on this one....

My cousin tagged me on this one and I thought it was cute - someday in fifty years I will look back and probably love that I have these "As Is" pictures of my life on a day to day basis. The deal is you take these certain pictures of things in your home As they are. Without changing anything. It's a little embarrassing, but nonetheless it will be cute to look back at later. Here goes.

My kids...watching cartoons before nap time after church. Dallin was already napping since we got home...

The kitchen sink. I hate anything in it...so it's usually empty. You can tell it's fly season because the fly swatter is right there handy to impose death on any daring fly.

The kids bathroom, it is also used for visitors. I try to keep it clean and then my kids use it...so that should explain it's state.

My fridge/freezer. The freezer is crammed because my outside freezer trips the breaker all the time so I store as much as I can in the inside one. I love crystal light, water, and diet soda...all stocked items in my fridge. There also sweet potatoes, but you can't see them...they are a huge favorite at my house.

My favorite shoes...slippers...my favorite pair are missing so I took a picture of these...any slipper will do really.

My bathroom...my favorite room in the house....it is painted very calm colors and it's usually quiet.

My closet, it is a funny shape so I took two pictures....you can see I have a "scrapbooking" table set up at one end....it doesn't get used as often as I'd like. As you can see there is a "hunting" sleeping bad thrown over the chair I would sit at if I were to scrapbook....

My dream vacation at the moment...uninterrupted time with my bed...in about 6 months that will likely change to a cruise or something more glamorous, but now that's my dream...

A self portrait. Yes, I am dressed, and yes, I was freezing so I have my bathrobe over my clothes to stay warm. Anyone who knows me knows I am always cold.

My laundry room....the "shoe basket" is tipped over...someone likely looking for their shoes and left it tipped. And there are camo items of clothing on the floor...I hate them. So just in case you thought hunting was behind us, it is not and there is the proof.



























































































































































































































7 comments:

Robby and Mary said...

Cute idea. You're a great mom and wife.

Gretch said...

The side bar on my blog says you haven't updated your blog for 2 months so I haven't been checking your blog. But as I can see I have a lot to catch up on!

Cute tag. I might have to actually do this one. I'm very impressed with how clean your house is! You'll have to give me some pointers. :)

The Gibbens said...

sometime the "editing" makes me want to cuss... cute post... I'll probably do that tag too... first I need to simply update... I love those slippers- I think it's the satin and velvet- but even when I bought them ($store by the way- but the slippers are dearfoam)... they remind me of Hugh Hefner (I think because of the smoking jacket, velvety look)... kooky...

Amy said...

you are a freak of nature. to have a life that organized with a forth newborn is in human. if only you could see my closet right now. hmmmm...maybe for the shame and embarassment factor, I'll do this one.

Melissa said...

okay Marie, what's your secret. Maybe it's the fact that my house is only 900sq ft, but it is never that clean. And I feel like all I do is hold the baby and clean! Besides that I would be in heaven to have your closet. My closet is the size of a small coat closet, so I am pretty sure that's my dream right now, a normal sized closet would do!

The {Prince} Family said...

Cute post! and pretty tidy house girl! Are you sure you have kiddos?

I need to get some slippers. I usually wear socks around but now I want some cozy slippers like yours. jealous!

Brigg and Dianne said...

Oh Marie! I love, love, love your house! I think it looks fabulous! I'm always cold, too. I'm always putting socks on or grabbing a blanket. I'm like the blanket nazi around here. Love you!