You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Monday, July 2, 2007

Car Trek 2007

We just returned from our Carson (Dianne's family) family reunion down by Cedar City, UT. It was so much fun to see family and how our lives have changed from footloose and fancy free to parenthood and chaos! We love it.

I don't think I saw much of Hunter - he convinced Grandpa LeGrand to let him use his pocket knife so he was carving wood or exploring with my cousin's son Justin the entire duration! The final evening next to the campfire, he had a stick he was carving for marshmellows....my grandmother didn't think it was a good idea and thought he had been waving it around too much...so she took it when he got too close. In order to soften the blow - my Aunt Kathy took him to her lap and said he would get it back later, but Grandpa came as well and said "honey, you shouldn't play with sticks, you can poke your eye out." which then triggered a whole new conversation with nurse aunt kathy- "where does your eye go if it gets poked out?" was hunter's question....it turned into quite the conversation!

Gwennie just wandered aimlessly looking for people and dirt. She charmed everyone.

Tyler mostly tried to eat sticks dirt or whatever rock looked tasty!

We attempted to wade in the river/creek/stream water and did find a little birds nest with babies in it under the bridge - that was exciting! However, the leeches all over our feet when we got out were not so exciting!









4 comments:

Marie said...

I sure do miss you guys! Maybe some day I will get a job and be able to come up there again for a visit.

Jake and Lynn said...

Hey make a new post...I need to see some more pictures of my baby's cousins. Love ya!!!

Jake and Lynn said...

I think I figured out how to attach a picture to my comments so I'm trying it out on your blog.

Marie said...

I feel like I don't even have a clue what's going on in your life these past 7 days. No posts...I feel so disconnected!