You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lots of Smiles!

After Hunter hit his head - he would take baths as to not get the glue too wet and come off too soon. So, one night Tyler got in at the tail end of Hunter's bath...the two of them were a riot to watch. Tyler would spit water in Hunter's face and they would laugh hysterically. I got a few photos of it. (yes, in one my foot is in the pic on purpose to protect the innocent.)




Dallin's story lately is that of pure scream. I have taken him to the doctor 3 times in the last 2 weeks. One of those times he actually had an ear infection...the other times they said he must just be having some temperament issues. I was worried about him because he always holds his face with his little fists and screams like he's in pain...but alas, he checked out fine and just has developed a bad habit of screaming.... The first appointment the doctor (not my regular pediatrician) told me that he just "found his ears" and was playing with them. I was irate...I know I'm not a medical professional, but I have had 3 kids before Dallin and I know the difference between playing with your ears and screaming like you are in pain while you face goes red! Anyway, now that I feel like it's a temporary stage for him to scream, I am dealing with it much better! Plus, look at the kid...he's a doll!

Here's the Tex eating - it's his favorite hobby...he is at such a cute stage right now. Tonight I put him in bed and gave him his airplane to sleep with and he took my hand and started to shake it vigorously and say "thank you mommy" over and over....it was darling.

Here is the prettiest helper you have ever seen. She loves to help with Dallin and she has become so good at writing...she can do her name! Wahoo!

4 comments:

The Gibbens said...

I just love your kids! and I miss them and you since we now live so far away... I timed it, it took almost 10 minutes to drive to moms the other night...:-( very sad that we are seperated by such a distance now! Love that you found a way to "censor" the photos... that's great! Kathy today kept saying how much little Dallin boy looks like Marshall- I've said it all along- although, I'm not sure how that happened, must be some strong Carson genes! ... I'm so thrilled to have the internet back! It's been a week and I feel so out of touch it's ridiculous...

Heather said...

Looks like lots of fun times! Glad you have a little helper just like I do!

SladeMomma said...

Your "censoring" reminds me of a picture I took of Colin years ago. He had disrobed in a little backyard swimming pool. When I got the print (no such thing as digital in those days) I magic markered his swimming suit back on. We have laughed at it many times since.

Brigg and Dianne said...

Very cute pictures! I can't say I'd be laughing if someone was continuously spitting bath water in MY face, but I'll bet it was funny! Dallin looks so much like your others, especially Tyler. What a cutie!