You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Day of Valentines

Travis was out of town for Valentines so we celebrated with him gone. It was still a good day. Each year I try to do something very small for my kids on Valentine's so that they know we love them....This year Gwendalin got some stick on earrings (78 pair or something crazy like that) - I think she wore at least 7 pair today alone....she kept changing them. Hunter got some splat balls...not sure what they do...I think they splat? Tyler got a little "Handy Manny" with his truck. They were all thrilled. Because finances were tight I didn't have cute little bags to put their goodies in, so they got large ziplocks with their names inside. We did Gwennie's hair like a heart. It turned out really cute. I got some new cross trainers and got to wear a pair of her stick on earrings. Dallin just hung out. Here are few pictures from the day.




4 comments:

SladeMomma said...

Love the heart braids - how clever of the mama.

Meg said...

Sounds like a great Valentines! That heart braid is so cute and I loved stick-on earrings when I was little. How fun!

The Gibbens said...

I told you that you are the best! So very cute- and the hair did turn out great... you're so good.

Brigg and Dianne said...

That is so creative and cute! I love that you celebrate Valentine's Day with your kids! You need to show how to make the heart braids, my Haley would love that!