You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A trip to Donnelly

This last weekend we went up the mountain as a family and with Tricia and Matthew's family. Travis and Matthew had a job they had to do in Donnelly ( I don't quite know how to spell that.) We stayed in the cabin where the job was and lucky for us the job only took the boys about 1 1/2 hours to finish so we played the rest of the time. The kids made "Snake traps" and played pool and fished in Cascade Lake (The property backed up to it)- gorgeous! Dallin slept soo soo great...4 hours the first part of the night and another 4 after that...and we weren't even home. :)
Tyler loved playing outside and managed to get all the way down the hill and was standing next to the water on the dock all by his lonesome. I freaked and don't think I've ever run down a rock path that fast. That kid is such a free spirit...maybe it comes with being the third child...am I a free spirit?

I am happy to report that I did beat Travis in a game of pool even if I never hit one ball in! Lucky for me, he hit the "eight" ball in and I won!

The only bad part about this beautiful cabin (probably $$Millions) was that these people must have dogs and there was dog hair every where! I had to do buckets of laundry when we got home. Here are a few pictures of the fun adventures!















8 comments:

Jake and Lynn said...

how fun!!! I love cabins, there is just a nice cozy feeling in them. Congrats on beating Travis at pool...you're so talented!!:)

slades said...

you will be surprised to know that Dad and i love the updates. The picture of Ty on the dock alone scared us even now and he is safe.

JakenDebbie said...

That looks so beautiful! I could really use a cabin-get-away right about now. :)

The Gibbens said...

it was a nice trip... despite the hairiness of it all! I'm just so glad that Dallin slept for you- even if you may not have slept as well as you would have at home in your own bed... your own bigger bed!! Great pics!

Brigg and Dianne said...

That looked like major fun! Tyler looked so tiny all alone on the dock. I think cabins are great, it's like camping, but you don't have to 'rough it'.

Brigg and Dianne said...

By the way, you were so sweet to remember my birthday! You are awesome!

TheSlades said...

that is pretty sweet. it looks like a fun weekend for both families. tyler is pretty big too.

Meg said...

What a nice little vacation. Sounds like lots of fun! Glad you saw Ty and glad Dallin slept to well for you. Yeah!