You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Friday, September 19, 2008

Ode to night-time feedings

So in my late nights up with Dallin - I have rediscovered old favorites on TV and newly discovered a really cool show! I've come to the conclusion that really it is the simplest things in life that make me happy. :)


First is the old discovery: Friends. Like me or hate me for loving this show It matters not! - this show puts a smile on my face every time I see it and reliving old episodes in the middle of the night has had me laughing my brains out while trying to stay in "night mode" for Dallin to stay sleepy. What funny creative people put this show together! Seriously so funny!







Second is a show on the Food Network called Ace of Cakes (I think Marie told me about it and then I decided to TiVo it). They do the coolest cakes ever! If I lived in Baltimore (or close) I may someday get one (when I can afford a minimum of $1000). They are unbelievable. Here are a few pictures. These are so realistic!! Oh to be so talented....












12 comments:

Melissa said...

Hang in there with night time feedings. Everytime I have a baby I think...I am getting too old for this. I used to be able to stay up for hours and now I can't hardly peel my eyes open! Our David is now 3 months and at 2 months he was a whopping 12.5 lbs. HOLY COW! And he was born my smallest at 7lbs 6 oz. We tease that we only serve whole milk at our house :) But this little guy can eat...30min it's forever. I wish I had friends at night. (no dish does have a few drawbacks!) Enjoy the laughs!

Marie said...

Dood, I totally knew you'd love Ace of Cakes...SO AWESOME! Have you seen the Cinderella Carriage one?

TammyP said...

You might remember that 'Friends' is our absolute favorite sitcom of ALL TIME!!! Chris and I could recite most episodes word for word!!! Who couldn't laugh at them?!?!
Then....I have seen the 'Ace of Cakes' show and it is AWESOME!!! He and his staff have an incredible rapport. They are fun to listen to.
I am experiencing insomnia lately, so I will check for some friends re-runs.(Even though we have all the dvds;-)

The Gibbens said...

Remember how mom loved M*A*S*H?... Friends is our M*A*S*H- best ever show- greatest re-runs, heartiest laughs... you can't go wrong really... I'll have to check out that cake show- those are amazing! Let me know if there are more good shows, my time is a mere 9 weeks or so away... maybe we'll just start calling eachother in the middle of the night (kidding... we'd fall asleep on the phone)

Jake and Lynn said...

I was feeding annabelle before bed tonight and thinking that I kind of miss night time feedings...man it's really true that you forget how hard it is and that makes you want to do it again. I love friends too it is always a good pick me up when i need a laugh. And as for ace of cakes maybe someday I'll perfect my desire to make cute cakes and I can make you something that awesome!

SladeMomma said...

I'm surprised that you like Friends. We had to ban it from our house. Maybe the old episodes were more appropriate.

slades said...

Cute cakes. I'm glad you're laughing your head off.

The Oman Family said...

Those are some awesome cakes!!

Brittany and Scott said...

ace of cakes used to be one of my favorite shows; they create some pretty amazing things.

we would love some of your favorite mint condition baby boy clothes--only if you are sure that you are done with them.

Heidelweiss said...

I did a lot of TV watching with Lizzy. My favorite was "Barbarians Week" on discovery. I haven't been able to find it since but it sure kept me entertained for a few weeks!

Meg said...

Wow, those cakes are out of this world! Very cool.

JakenDebbie said...

I cannot believe those are cakes!! Those are amazing!! I love the Food Network...and miss it! (We don't have cable.) And I'm with you on the Friends...always good for a laugh. I wish I could find when the re-runs are on. Maybe I have to be up in the middle of the night to catch them. :)