You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Unchartered Waters...

On Sunday I was sustained as the new Primary chorister. I have to admit I was not the happiest upon hearing the news....but as I've contemplated the many fun things I can do I am super excited to tackle it and hopefully get the kids the learn the songs and have a fun experience while doing it! I have enlisted the help of previous choristers (family, and ward members alike), I have stalked blogs, and I have come up with a few of my own crazy ideas. I am hoping to not only master program songs, but also learn all 13 articles of faith (through song) while I am in the position. I know it seems like a lot, but I have no doubt that it can be done! So, here we go!!!!!

4 comments:

Lynn Halladay said...

I have actually heard that calling does some serious testimony building, can't wait to hear all the things you come up with!! You are going to awesome!

Kristin said...

You will be great!!! The kids will love you!!

Candace said...

Congrats! That was one of my very favorite callings. You'll LOVE it. You'll be great at it too.

The Gibbens said...

I'm excited for you! I didn't like it when i was in, but i think that wasn't a great time in life for me and that calling! I think now it would be great, and I too, am excited to hear about the fun experiences you have!