You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Keeping up with the "Jones"....

You would think that knowing what I know about what is really important in this life, I would not get caught up in the "things" that I WANT but don't NEED...I am poor financially but RICH in every other way possible - we have good health at our house, we have beds, we have vehicles, we have food, we have fantastic relationships with each other, and most of all we have the Gospel of Jesus Christ.....

Why then, do I watch the young couple that just moved into my old house (they are expecting child #1 in Oct.) and think- How do they have 3 cars? How could they already afford to put in their central vac unit? Look at their super nice patio table and chairs... How do they have the money to do those backyard upgrades....? Who cares? I really don't, but in the back of my mind I envy them because I want some of those things....I want my grill to work but I have to either buy a new one that has a propane tank or get my house plumbed to work with my old one that needs replaced anyway. I want a patio set...I always have, I want a hammock, I want a basketball standard for the basketball pad, I want a central vac system plumbed in my house ( I already have the unit).....ugh.......why do I let worldly things get in my head.....we are just fine the way we are - it's really hard not to look at others and compare.....

Just thinking outloud....

No comments: