You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Friday, August 26, 2011

Go out with a bang!

Summer is almost over! ( you can't see me, but I am doing a joyful dance...- we need routine to begin again).... School starts on Tuesday - so we took the opportunity to use our annual zoo passes and went to the zoo today. Travis met us and we did the zoo thing and then got lunch and ate at the park. Dallin loved every animal - and loved riding on Travis' shoulders (which Travis also loved as he is getting ready for "elk season"). We got to see the Komodo (sp?) Dragon eat his ground beef....very cool. The kids also got to feed the goats....super gross - I decided I love how soft all of the wild cats look (leopards, tigers, ocelots, etc.) they look amazingly cuddly. Sadly, the sloth bear was not out - he is my favorite!







The park we hate at had a huge fountain that smelled of river (blech!) but my kids loved to play in it and get as wet as they could. Travis was gone at that point - back to work - so we played in the water for a while and then checked out the bridge and the river. All in all a great way to "go out of summer with a bang!"


I can see that I am going to have my work cut out for me with the modesty issue and Gwendalin...every chance she gets she raises her shirt and ties it up in the back.....








2 comments:

Lynn Halladay said...

That Komodo looked AWESOME! Your family is so cute!

The Gibbens said...

What a fun day!!! great pictures- you guys all look great- school is good for getting back into a routine and schedule... but dang that homework!!