You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I didn't realize I had insecurities....

Last Sunday they changed our ward. In my lifetime I've been involved with several ward divisions/boundary realignments. Every time it's so hard. This time I find it especially challenging because in my married life we have been here the longest -almost 6 years. We were comfortable, I loved my calling- and we felt like we fit. Now with the way the lines were drawn up- we have been moved to another ward - leaving behind the ward that has been home to us for so long. I'm actually ok with it because I know that we were put in this other ward for our benefit....after all , the Lord knows us better than we know ourselves. My problem is I look at so many amazing people that are still in the 2nd ward and think - maybe they moved me because I'm not as amazing as they are.....boooooo that is so the adversary - why do I listen......I have always risen to the challenges presented - sometimes with grace and sometimes not.....but I try and I think I need to kick those insecurities to the curb....

Anyway, I accept this change and I look forward to the challenges it will present, but I don't necessarily have to be excited about it....now- let's move forward.

4 comments:

The Gibbens said...

That's a rough split... I mean, I know that it was all "right" and stuff too, but I feel your feelings. You ARE amazing!! IN fact, I read in our ward bulletin that the Beacon Light ward, in the Eagle, ID stake, was actually looking for more vibrant, outstanding, talented, and valiant members... I gave them your address... ;-) Love you!

Kristin said...

You will move forward and do it in amazing ways!! Change is always hard and I'm not a big fan!! I'm thankful that we are making this change together!

Brigg and Dianne said...

I have to admit, every time I've been part of a split within a ward or stake, I have been unhappy with how it happened. But I am so glad you are going to make the best of it and 'bloom where you are planted'. Why is it we are so resistant to change?

Lynn Halladay said...

Splits are hard, no way around it that is for sure, there is a reason they call it a ward "family". But I am sure that in time you guys will feel as connected to your new ward, yes, you will do amazing things fornthis ward, I know it!!