You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"think" outside or inside the box

These were added just to show the doodle in the smallest box ever.

Or 'think' not at all....that's where I fit in. I think with age and also having had children, my mind is slowly melting away. Although I have been promised my mind will be "clear and active all my days..." it may be clear and active with things that I make up that aren't reality since I can't remember anything! I was at the preschool today (we've been at this preschool for 5 years starting with Hunter) and there's a keypad outside the door to let you in. I stood there and tried every code I could think of and couldn't get in. I had to wait for another parent to arrive to tell me the stupid code. HELLO? Why can't I remember it!? This is the second time in a month I couldn't remember it - at least the first time I knew I couldn't remember and I called them before I left so they could tell me what it was. I feel like I am rapidly losing my mind....I can't remember things like I used to...it's so horrible, because I used to be able to remember such details! ARGH!

In researching what could be the cause - I was surprised to find out that age really shouldn't be a factor...that there is no conclusive evidence that age causes memory loss, however, depression, stress, lack of sleep, and others can contribute. nice.



So, I guess I need to figure out what vitamins I am deficient in start writing research papers, and doing calculus equations, and my mind might sustain itself....who am I kidding? I'm too tired to add those to my life, so for now I will just be a little bit of a ditz at the door of the preschool trying to remember the code (that I've known for 5 years). I. Am. Awesome!


not a great picture of me at all - but one of my kids took it with my phone...

3 comments:

Brigg and Dianne said...

I'm right there with you. I used to remember all sorts of details. In fact, my mom gave me her passwords to her accounts so I could monitor things for her, and let her know what's gone in or out...... what were we talking about?

The {Prince} Family said...

OH MY GOSH! We are the same! I think it's the age, our craaaazy days, exhaustion, trying to multi-task 24-7, etc......

I feel scatter brained pretty much most days. It drives me bonkers. I am even beginning to think now that I have ADD :)

so fun right?!

Happy Mother's Day!!! One day I will catch up that darn blog of mine!

The Gibbens said...

Girls! I owe you a great big THANK YOU!!! See? Here I thought that my memory loss was due to my misuse of prescription drugs for so many years... you mean it coulda/woulda happened anyway? That's good news... ginko, probably need ginko... great, more pills!!