You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day Tea @ Kindergarten!

Today I went to a Mother's Day Tea in Gwendalin's Kindergarten Class. They did a little performance for us that included poems that they learned about baby chicks (they've had some eggs in an incubater that have started hatching) and 5 patriotic songs: Star Spangled Banner, This Land is Your Land, You're a Grand Ol Flag, My Country Tis of Thee, and America The Beautiful! They are impressive to watch...they did a great job. They presented us with placemats that included what they liked to do with their mom's (Gwendalin "likes to play chess with me" I didn't know we had ever played chess....but I treasure it nonetheless. They served us cookies and apple juice and we checked out the baby chicks both still in egg and hatched. It was a fun afternoon.






1 comment:

The Gibbens said...

She could not be any cuter. Seriously... what a fun afternoon to spend with her- and you don't even appear to be dying (and I know you felt like you kinda were) Cute shirt (yours) by the way, way trendy, way to be stylish! and... chic's in the class? How cool is that? I love her school... I miss that school!