You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Monday, May 23, 2011

Some much needed sister therapy!

Last weekend I was able to go and see my sister Lynn (AKA the Queen) at her place in Virginia. Travis thought it would be a good break to get away- so for my birthday he told me to go for a few days. It was great! We tried to make it work so that Trish could be there too, but it didn't quite work out that way - it's a good thing we are all going to see each other over the 4th of July.

Anyway, I left at 4am on Thursday to catch a flight to her side of the country. I didn't sleep the entire night before (well except for 2 hours) because the wind was horrific and woke me up. Knowing that I had to fly in a few hours and having my last flight be so traumatic with the microbursts I coulnd't sleep anymore. So at 3am I got up and got ready.

I got to Queen's at 1:30 and we went and got a 20 pc. chicken nugget from McDonalds....it was so good, I don't know if it was because I was so hungry, but I think I ate like 18 and left 2 for her and her kids. I was starving!

We tried to go to Ross that night and do a bit of shopping, but the Ross we went to was no good. So we just went to Zumba. Her teacher is much different than mine...great workout still, just totally different styles. She blares the music so loud I couldn't hear until I got home to Boise. :) just kiddin. It was loud though. It was so much fun to be in the class with Queen....we rocked it!

The next morning we all went to the Gym again (Jake and the kids along with Queen and I) to workout again...I wanted to try spinning...so we went to a spinning class where the teacher was a little crazy and she had us spinning our lives away trying to get away from a man who had taken us to a cabin in the woods.....it was crazy motivation but it worked. After that class we went to a Zumba class again (our goal was to burn 1000 calories)....we are a little crazy! But we did it!

We did end up finding a Ross that had great stuff and I got a whole slew of things for Travis and myself! It was fantastic!

We went to a park right next to the city (you wouldn't know it though becuase the trees were so thick) on Saturday morning and ran a mile and then walked....I must say the walk was very theraputic....just good conversation.

We ended up going out on Saturday night and seeing a movie and getting dinner she and I and Jake. It was good conversation at dinner about what we would do in hypothetical child raising situations....

All in all a great trip just to be with extended family - love on her kiddies, and spend time together. Thanks for a great birthday gift Travis!

2 comments:

Brigg and Dianne said...

That sounds SOOO nice! I am so glad you were able to go!

The Gibbens said...

Sounds like a good time! I woulda just slowed you ladies down- glad you got to get away for a minute and spend time with Lynner and Jake and the kiddies... so fun!