You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Saturday, February 5, 2011

Iddy Biddy Miracle...

This is my wedding ring. I have had it over 11 years. I designed it ( I worked for a jeweler when we got engaged) and I picked my stones - it has HUGE sentimental value to me. There are only 3 places that I keep my ring when I take it off (which is every night - I can't sleep with any jewelery on).

1. Here in my bathroom on the shelf with my lotions and moisturizers,

2. In the kitchen on the shelf above my sink, or


3. Here in my room behind that giant TV that we are borrowing from my parents whilst they are on their mission.


The other night I realized I hadn't put it back on during the day (which I ALWAYS do.) So before we sat down to veg in front of the TV for the nightly bonding that Travis and I do, I went to make sure I knew where I had put it. I checked everywhere....and then I checked everywhere again. I didn't want to tell Travis I had lost it. But I was sure that it was gone - somehow Dallin had gotten it and put it somewhere and it was never to be found again. I didn't want to tell Travis because he always thinks I am going to lose it anyway because I take it off every night. But I have NEVER lost it and the one time he found it and tried to hide it I knew he took it and he pulled it out of his pocket and proposed to me again - he thought I would forget about it and leave it in the hotel we were staying (this was just last November). Anyway, I finally went in and told him that I couldn't find it anywhere. I started to cry. shocker I know. He wasn't upset about the material value of the loss - he was sad for me because I had lost it. Just like the time I had recorded over the ultra sound video of Hunter and he came in to the apartment to find me in hysterics becuase I had recorded Friends over it and all I wanted to see was his little feet.....it was very traumatic and he still brings up how bad he felt for me. Anyway, he took the ring loss better than I had ever hoped. I sat on the recliner waiting to start our tv watching for the night and he left the room....for a long time. When he came back I thought he had found it...but he didn't. He said he had looked everywhere like I did and got on his hands and knees looking all over our bedroom floor- but there was no luck. He even asked Dallin who's response was "Yeah, it's in the office." But that's where he says everything is when something is lost. So, I had to take a sleeping pill to sleep because my ring was gone and I had searched and Travis had searched every cranny of our house to no avail.


You know how when you need something or lose something your offering up a prayer to Heavenly Father like every 10 seconds and your heart is just pumping blood to your head because you are in such a stupor? Well, I did that all night and all the next morning.


Travis left for work and I took my shower and was getting socks out of my drawer and looked over in front of the giant TV on the floor and there it was - MY RING! It was laying right there on the floor where Travis and I had both combed through a million times the night before! I immediately texted Travis to tell him I found it - and he was so glad for me. After assessing the situation and knowing how hard we had looked (hands and knees looking as well) we both KNOW that an angel must have put it there for me to find, because it was NOT there when we had looked so carefully the night/morning prior to finding it.... (It's actually in the picture with the TV- super hard to see.)

So, of course I ran to it picked it up and held it to my heart while trying to remember to breathe! I offered up yet another prayer of thanks and put it on my finger for the day! I am so so glad that Heavenly Father let that Angel put my ring in my path....it was the sentimental value that had been lost and caused major desparity for me! So, in the midst of all the regular crisis that we go through on a daily basis (and there are some major ones) I was glad for this little glimpse of miracle that I got!







7 comments:

Kristin said...

It is ever amazing to me that nothing is insignificant to the Lord. If it is important to us then it is important to Him!! I'm so happy that you found your ring!!

Heather said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. The exact same thing happened to me not too long ago. I take it off at night there are only a few places I put it. It wasn't there when I went back for it. I was scared to death to tell Dustin. I was so heart broken over the whole thing - Dustin had the same reaction took it better then I thought and always thought I would lose it and take it to tease me. I too prayed to help me find it. It was on our dresser (where I put it) but it had slid under the TV so I couldn't see it. I KNOW I checked there several times before and it wasn't there but this time it was. A HUGE relief. I am so glad you found it!

Brigg and Dianne said...

That is such a sweet story, and I am so glad you found it. I actually blew up your picture and searched the whole floor like a "Where's Waldo" book to see if I could see it. Love you Marie!

Marie said...

Oh my gosh Dood! I am so glad you found it, I know how much you love that ring.

slades said...

The tender mercies

The Gibbens said...

I didn't know he re-proposed last Nov! How romantical is that?!?!? ... fun little story, I like what Kristin said, "if it's important to us, it's important to Him..." Glad you found it!

JakenDebbie said...

Definitely a small miracles...those often mean the most to us, right? :)