You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Wednesday, February 23, 2011

He strikes again!

I love this boy. He is my boy that has a corner of his blanket that has a name it's called his "kung kung." This is my boy that when it's dark he says "I can't see my Dallie!" And this is my boy that loves to lock any door he can and since 2 of his siblings have knobs where the lock faces that hall - they are locked in on a regular basis. Or if you go in the garage expect to be locked out there when you attempt re-entry into the house. He loves to lock everything! I have had to stash keys/screwdrivers everywhere so I can unlock at a moment's notice. Tonight - while Texas was in the bath - this little Dallie plugged the bathroom sink (where the plunger was dripping dry after a toilet fiasco), turned the water on and locked the door and left. I heard the water running after I got out of Hunter's room (where I had been locked in (lucky for me I had my cell and called Travis to come and let me out)) and I went to turn it off - but what? the bathroom door was locked....so I get the key out of the closet and find as I open the door that the sink is overflowing water all over the floor.......................so, this little boy that I love "my dallie" got to have some time out.









I love this boy.

4 comments:

Brigg and Dianne said...

You handled that AMAZINGLY well. I may appear to have it all together, but if one of my kids did something like that, I'm pretty sure I would lose it.

He is a little cutie, though. Maybe you should remove a few doorknobs for the time being...

The Oman Family said...

Holy cow that is funny. I am sorry too, but I think its funny you were locked in Hunters room. Sorry. I am sure I would have lost it. My little David loves to close doors, drawers and anything even if you are still in door way or have your hand in the drawer.

slades said...

Oh Boy!! that makes me tired just thinking about keeping up . I love that little boy

The Gibbens said...

thank heavens you had your cell phone in Hunters room... it was down hill from there! I shake my head when you tell these stories- you ARE amazing!!! and they are so sweet- (Matthew wants me to add here, that he blames the parents... sounds just like him, I'm sure you can hear him saying that~!!) Love you guys and your antics!!