You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wall Fixin' And Drillin'

A few weeks ago, a little Hunter boy got upset and threw a little fit. He came to me after and said "Mom, I broke the wall, but I fixed it." Being preoccupied I dismissed it and told him thanks. Later that night I went into Gwennie's room and found a mad amount of masking tape on the wall behind her door. He had pushed her door open in a fury and the stop for the door was gone, resulting in the handle putting a hole in the wall. I pulled the tape back and came unglued! He was so upset and said "But mom I told you the truth you can't get so mad." I didn't really care though because there was a giant hole in my house. But, I re-thought and decided he had to help pay for and fix it. So here below are the sequence of happenings to get it fixed...and little bit of fun with the drill when it was done. Thank goodness for Grandpa and his willingness to help us out with his expertise.








9 comments:

The {Prince} Family said...

That is actually really cute Marie! Don't get mad at him.... he told ya the truth! :)

Cute post!

Btw- I see a date on your sidebar. Are you doing a sprint triatalon? Holy smokes lady. That is awesome! Do you know if they do any here in AZ? I'd LOVE to do something like that! Let me know...

Melissa said...

hey I have one of those in my bedroom, only I did it. oops! I forgot the door stop had broken and the door swung wide and bam! It's on a long list of honey do's, right behind fix the lazy susan door in the kitchen!

SladeMomma said...

Oh, that brings back memories of a number of holes in walls made and patched by our boys with their father. Several came during their teenage years when they really should have known better but have bigger tempers. So don't dismay when this is not the first hole that needs patching.

Tara Reid said...

Hey I have one of those huge holes too! (Only we haven't fixed it yet). Your kids are getting so big Marie. I can't believe you have 4 now!

Brittany and Scott said...

marie are you doing a triathlon?

Heidelweiss said...

That is so cute. What a great lesson learned. As to your previous post, you're a smart girl. Start prayin' and get inventive. You don't have to "join the workforce" and you don't have to pay for childcare. You have so many talents. You could start a paid mom's workout group, start teaching people how to organize, teach people a skill of some sort... It's time to think outside the box ;). The market is crap so we have to reinvent ourselves. If anyone can do it, you can. Start writing things down, no matter how absurd they seem, and some genius plan will pop into your head!

Marie said...

I am so bored with this post.

Brigg and Dianne said...

Good job! That is such a great learning experience! So... he will either avoid punching holes because he realizes how much work is involved to repair them... or he will put holes everywhere because he knows it's no big deal and he can just patch them all right up.

The Gibbens said...

Your kids are gonna have the best memories of mom and dad- dad does a lot with them around your house- that's awesome. I underutilize them I think... I'm with your Heidleweiss (sp?) friend... you could do a lot of things- you are truly talented and amazing in so many areas- go for it!