You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Wednesday, June 10, 2009

2009 Mule Days

Hunter was able to be in the Star Mule Days parade this year with his karate group. He loved it and carried around a weapon that he hasn't learned about yet. This made him feel very important, plus he was the cutest karate kid around. Tyler and Gwendalin watched the parade and collected as much candy as they could...waving to people from our ward who were in the parade : Thomsens drove their antique car (we got a few pictures), and Wheelocks rode in one of their crane things, the other picture is just a little boy driving a small tractor thing handing out water.

Later in the evening ( it was rainy all day) we went to the dirty carnival. I really don't like these things, but the kids do so we try to go each year for at least an hour. The Star Trooper Ride is one that Hunter decdied to try- half way through the guy operating it stopped to make sure Hunter wasn't going to be sick...he looked awful. But of course he got off and said it was a blast! The kids also loved the swining boat- I road with them on that for one go and it was enough to do me in - I just don't do rides very well anymore. It was a fun day though and Uncle Aric was with us for the carnival which made it even more unique.













5 comments:

JakenDebbie said...

Mule days, huh? :) Glad you had a good time. I love summer! I have to say the thing I noticed most in all of these pictures is how CUTE you look, Marie!

Mary said...

too bad we didn't see you! nothing like mule days! so excited for you and your training...keep it up it will rock your world for a bit.

Brigg and Dianne said...

That looks like a TON of fun! Your Summer has sure been busy. What a great experience for Hunter!

Melissa Bosen said...

How nice that the man stopped to check on Hunter!

The Gibbens said...

I wish I could've been at the parade- that's gotta be one of my favorite Star things... I love doing it every year with you guys.