You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Monday, June 15, 2009

I want my guys...


Everyone...this is "My Tyler" - he even calls himself by this name while puting his hand to his chest to indicate who he is referring to as well. He's really quite the character. In the last month he has been on the stand DURING Sacrament Meeting (I just pretended he wasn't my kid and left him there), written with marker all over his face the night before church (pictures below) so that everyone could see his art - (We didn't want to scrub on him and make his face raw, so we left it.), if we leave any door open the kid is hot on the road, any road, he just wants out of the house and we find him around the neighborhood somewhere. It's scary...so we are careful to bolt the doors and leave the garage down.

He's loves to play outside when Hunter and Gwennie are out there and they keep an eye on him. Well, when playtime is over, he is devastated. He comes in crying every time: "I want my guys!" (meaning his friends). When I explain to him that he can't play with "his guys" anymore he is not consoled at all...but he refers to them every time as "his guys." When in fact they are Hunter and Gwennie's friends. While playing he calls them "his guys" as well...the kids is a a total crack up....we love him!





4 comments:

Marie said...

I want my guys too. He knows what's up. He is so cute! You should try the Mr Clean Magic Eraser to get that marker off his face, my friend used it on her kids arm once and it worked like a charm :)

Brigg and Dianne said...

His face is awesome! I'm so glad you took a picture of it!

Gretch said...

What a cute kid! He seems like quite the little character!

The Gibbens said...

What a blessing he is- he's "your guy"... and what a cutie he is- I love that you are a devoted blogger... I need to take a lesson... really I do, maybe when I start exercising (hahahahahha!)