You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Monday, March 16, 2009

Great Day!

Today has been an excellent day. I have been a bit stressed lately and today was one of those days you just want to freeze because it has been delightful (so far). I used to take the kids (during the summer mostly) to the library on Monday mornings for the reading/craft time that they do for the preschoolers. Well lately, I have just been running errands and miss it every week. So, in spite of how crappy we have felt (we've had colds or something like them) we decided to go. So, off we went this morning after we got Hunter off on the bus, Gwendalin, Tyler, Dallin, and I went to preschool time at the library. We read books about the color green and then made rainbows. It was great.

I got them fed when we came home and saw Travis for a few minutes, then it was naptime. I got Gwennie and Tyler in bed getting a chance to lay with both for a few mintues and sing a few songs , and I thought Dallin too, but he didn't last...So, I got him up strapped him to my chest and we scrubbed the wood floors and bathroom floors. Soon he too seemed tired to I positioned the swing just right in front of Baby Einstein and off to dreamland he went for the next 2 hours.

During that time I got my workout in - read some of my book (The Host), folded laundry, started more laundry, and cleaned my bathroom.

Tonight is soccer practice and FHE. I love today. I need to be better about planning my days so that my kids get more of my time...it was a great day! Maybe we can get a game of Uno in at Home Evening....Hunter and Gwendalin love to play it...we played with them all weekend....so fun!

5 comments:

The Gibbens said...

I love your day too! It's one of the many that i wonder how you are you and wish I was more like that! Sounds like a really awesome day... and you blogged!!!

Marie said...

What a good day Man!

Brigg and Dianne said...

I love days like that, where I feel like I was productive, happy, busy but content, a smooth day. I love knowing that I am making valuable contributions to my family. I'm sure you enjoyed yourself!

JakenDebbie said...

So how do you like The Host? I loved it...in a totally different way than Twilight. :)

Melissa Bosen said...

You're an amazing mom, Marie! You got so much done! I love days when I get so many things off my to-do list....and still feel happy at the end of the day!