You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Thursday, March 5, 2009

Church Callings....

I a currently the Bear Den Leader for Cub Scouts. I don't mind scouts...in fact it's a fun time. This week we did components of the bike, changing a bike tire, hand signaling etc. My dad came and taught it for me. The boys loved it...I have another gal that I work with together - she has 4 kids too so when we meet it's her 4 kids, my 4 kids and 10 bear scouts. CRAZY!

I honestly love serving, but let me make it clear that I really only aspire to one particular calling...Visiting Teacher Supervisor...being worthy to serve in any position is great for me, but I don't necessarily care to ever be anything high profile.


4 comments:

heatherann said...

AMEN TO THAT!!! VT supervisor it is... How do we request that on?

SladeMomma said...

Speaking of aspiring, the best calling is Primary pianist. Go for that!

Marie said...

Dood...VT Sup is THE most coveted calling!! I wish we could campaign for that one...I would definately run for office.

The Gibbens said...

Well, I am a VT sup and i never want to stop it! I had to laugh when they asked, not once, but twice, if i thought I could handle the calling... its' tough... but I"m hanging in there.