You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Friday, March 13, 2009

Confessions...

I am copying a friend (Amy) on this post because it's a good idea to get the guilt off my mind....Here are a few confessions from my week:

I let my kids watch too much TV.

I rented Beverly Hills Chihuahua and watched it in the car even while running errands....

I drank way too much Diet Grapefruit Soda....

I said a bad word in front of my kids.

I ate too many pieces of leftover Valentine candy...and I paid for it...sugar does me in.

I got mad at my husband for not being home (a little unfair since he's trying to make money for the family).

I slept until 9:15 on a school morning. (Travis got up and got Hunter off to school. But in my defense I was up 3 times in the night with a sick baby)...

I went to traffic court on Thursday to try to get out of a speeding ticket (which didn't work by the way), and went I went to pay the cashier the fine I pushed my check off the edge of the counter at her- it was mean - I was mean. It wasn't her fault the guy wouldn't reduce the violation.

7 comments:

The Gibbens said...

say 10 hail mary's and all is forgiven... isn't that how it goes? You are so far ahead of so many of us moms' it' isn't even funny... so let yourself off the hook sometimes- you are awesome.

Gretch said...

Hey I've done a few of those this week too. :-)

Sorry they didn't reduce your ticket.

The {Prince} Family said...

ha ha Thanks for the laugh! And that SUCKS about the speeding ticket! I got my first one last month on the way back from Disneyland. Bah, I have to pay it on Monday.

You are too funny Marie! I may copy your post :)

Amy said...

Yaaaay...don't you just feel amazing? I swear it does my soul good to publicly confess stuff I did. Watching Bev.Hills Chiuahuah (I mangled the spelling of that) is my favorite.

heatherann said...

Loved it Marie! You are so funny! So, how bad was traffic court? Scott goes in April. Much worse than a ticket, he needs some luck for this one!!

SladeMomma said...

I'm wondering what motivated you to confess. I keep my little indiscretions secret from the world. Helps me keep my head up.

Marie said...

Dood, I am appalled! I feel like I don't even know who you are anymore.