You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Friday, November 21, 2008

9 years, 4 kids, and 15 vehicles later...(11-27-99)

We leave for Arizona tomorrow and won't be here to update on Thanksgiving for that post. This year Thanksgiving happens to be on my anniversary. 9 years to be exact. I don't know if I will have a chance to do a post while I am gone, so it is a bit early. I know I will have a katrillion pictures to post upon our return so I will get this one out of the way. We met our senior year in high school, dated a few months and then he left on his mission. Upon his return we married (2 months later to be exact). I don't know how my mom did it, I had a dress and the announcements I liked picked out before he got home. I don't know if I could support Gwendalin if she told me she wanted to marry someone she hadn't seen for 2 years! But...my mom knew I would do it (dress shopping) with or without, so she joined in the fun...and it all worked out. I am very lucky to have a Travis....He's a good match for me and I've loved the 9 years we have had so far and look forward to many more. :)





10 comments:

Melissa said...

holy cow we are getting old!!! we're all gonna be 30 in the spring!!!! i loved your remember whens oh i laughed so hard!!!!!

heatherann said...

9 years and so much fun! When you know it's right, you just know. I think that November is a GREAT month to be married!!

Send Hunter over sometime SOON to play again! I promise I'll be home this time! ;)

Jen & Blake said...

Congrats! That is exciting. We hope your trip is great for Thanksgiving. Your kids are so cute, the pictures for your baby turned out great:)

Cyndi said...

Oh so fun! Doesn't the time just fly so fast. It's crazy looking back on all that has happened in the last 10 years for Josh & I. Where we've lived, our kids, school, etc. So many fun memories:)

Heidelweiss said...

How crazy! I think a bunch of us married guys we were dating whilst in London (well not actively "dating"). I married Steve, you married Travis and Emily married Will. I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of. It must have been a good "thinking" place for us. Very cute pictures. Congrats on 9 years!

The Gibbens said...

Would you look at that skinny man? I know we laugh about it, but really- we married skinny boys! 9 years- Happy Anniversary- enjoy the AZ sun and all the family around you on your Thanksgiving/Anniversary day!

SladeMomma said...

Isn't it fun remembering back through so many happy months and years. So wonderful that you wouldn't trade them. I loved seeing the wedding pics - you both look so young and starry eyed. From my vantage point you are still pretty young.

Brigg and Dianne said...

I still regret not being able to come to your wedding. Your dress was beautiful!!! Travis looks way young in those pics! You look the same! Congratulations on 9 years!!!

JakenDebbie said...

I loved seeing the wedding pictures...I have never seen them before. Where the heck was I when you got married? I'm sad I missed it. You two make a great couple!

Jake and Lynn said...

YOu guys look like babies! I can't believe how young and innocent you both look. My how you've both changed...is that what fours kids do to you or is it the 15 cars:) Let me know.

Seriously though you know you both look great!