You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sum-Sum-Summertime...

Summer has not been nearly as bad as I had anticipated. I feared how I would entertain my kids (especially Hunter) - but we have fared it well. Recently our stake has issued a 4 weeks of no tv challenge...that has added another element of surprise to our summer planning and creativity. But I must say the kids are entertaining themselves pretty well.

For instance, we had cousins over (Jocilyn and McKenna) to play one day after swimming...so the creative juices began to flow...and the "Fort" came together...as a combined effort the couch was tipped over and blankets were added to make it dark. How did the darkness stay - well, I think the majority of the pairs of shoes in my house were stuck on top to hold them all in place. Pretty creative.






Gwennie has been very mesmerized with bubble blowing lately and as a result has gotten Travis and Hunter involved as well. I just snapped a quick shot to show all of them at their best...oh and don't you fret, it can't just be any kind of gum...but hubba bubba bubble tape is preferred by all of them. Ty just swallows...but he is invovled. :)

4 comments:

Brigg and Dianne said...

I love the bubble gum picture! It's a good thing the No TV thing is during the Summertime. Brigg would go absolutely nuts if it was during football season. I've been trying to do unique, creative, fun things with my kids this summer. I go to familyfun.com for lots of creative, crafty (and sometimes yummy) project ideas. Good luck with the rest of the Summer!

slades said...

family fun is a good source. love the pictures and all the shoes , bubbles

Jake and Lynn said...

ummm excuse me, did you say that Ty swallows his? Oh my goodness it's my long lost twin. I always swallow bubble gum because it's so juicy, I hope Tyler never outgrows this habit. Don't you worry when I come to town I will help keep the kiddos entertained for sure.

Heather said...

My kids and their cousins just made a "fort" too, also using shoes to hold the blanket on! Looks like they had lots of fun!