You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Friday, July 25, 2008

A Gwennie Girl ...


I had some cute pictures on my camera of recent things Gwendalin has been doing so I decided to do a Gwennie post. I went in her room the other day to find her asleep -for her nap- with her baby (huge doll by the way) on top of her. It was too cute to resist a picture....



Then this one is just Hunter playing with the camera but he caught her on film and I love the look on her face, it's how she tends to be- super happy all the time. I love it!

Last weekend we went to McCall just overnight and after a long day of no naps, swimming, traveling, etc - Gwendalin wouldn't take off her purple plastic high heels ( you know the kind you buy in "princess sets" at the store) and she was walking much to quickly and bit it after a late dinner...here is her face after the tumble and in the car...it was so bad that the ice cream we went after didn't even heal the broken girl...she was very upset...her lip and knee were quite wounded.



And this is a picture of some of our carrots we have reaped this week out of our garden...she helped pick them and wash them. I love it that she was so energetic about helping. We got so many!

14 comments:

Amy said...

She is such a beautiful little girl. She's like model beautiful with thos eyes and her tan skin and her eyes that pop right out at ya. And her little heart shaped face. Even sad she's so cute.

Can you do me a favor? I am coveting your garden. I love it because it is neat, not sloppy and above ground. I love the square boxes. Can you please do a post and explain how to build them, what you lined them with, what kind of soil you used. Just like a step by step of how to build a Travis and Marie garden so I can work in building it this winter. The only thing I need though is that I have to be able to take the boxes with me cuz we are military and we move every 5 minutes. So I don't want to invest the cash if I have to leave them behind. I know the expense of the dirt and stuff would be a one time deal but that's okay cuz fresh dirt = no weeds. I think a lot of people out there have been really impressed with your garden results.

Heidelweiss said...

What a cute girl. You're kids seem to always be getting wounded. Me too. Poor little miss-those dang heels will get you every time!

slades said...

what great pictures of her , she is so sweetand cute

slades said...

Grandpa said:
"beyond cute" , what memories , and such a bonding experience.

The Oman Family said...

Gwennie is so cute! I Love the doll on top of her! I am impressed with your carrots. Ours never did that great.

Robby and Mary said...

Gwennie is so sweet. Such a cute girl! LOL

Brigg and Dianne said...

What a sweet idea to post all about Gwennie! She sure is pretty.

Heather said...

what a cutie! Great job on getting those carrots!

Meg said...

What a cutie! She's gorgeous. And her little smile was so cute in the picture Hunter took; you can almost hear her laughing.

TammyP said...

On one picture I think, 'oh, she is all Marie', then the next pix I think, 'oh wait, she is all Travis', then I just realize she is an absolute mix of you guys. SO BEAUTIFUL!!
I second Amy's comment. Spill your secrets of your garden!!!

Marie said...

I LOVE my Gwennie girl! I can't wait to come see you guys.

The Gibbens said...

I can't beleive I've missed this post! She is so sweet, beautiful, helpful (most times... but not tonight, even for a cotton she would take Annabelle's diaper to the trash)... she is just a neat little lady- and REALLY photogenic, I'm always amazed, especially at those eyes! I love that everyone loves dad's garden boxes- that's AWESOME!

Marie said...

I am going to need a post that states something of the following: Marie is coming, marie is coming, marie is coming and we couldn't be more excited! Feel free to insert your words in there too.

JakenDebbie said...

Your kids are so dang cute. One of these days, wouldn't it be great for our kids to actually meet in person? Well, I do have to say that blogging at least makes me feel closer to you and all your life -- I am really thankful for that!

So....I have been thinking of you a lot lately and how close you are to your due date!! Can't wait to hear the good news!! Good luck with everything!