You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Wednesday, July 16, 2008

*- *-* -*-* -*Another Tag *- *-* -*-* -*

I love these! Thanks Lynnie~

The rules: List 3 of each: Joys, Fears, Goals, Obsessions and Random things about you. Then tag 5 people.

3 Joys:
*Travis - he makes my life happy even in the hardest of moments...he can make me laugh.
*My Kids - I love kid laughter, little hands holding mine, and kid conversation...they are so sweet.
*Hanging out with my extended family (either side)- regardless of how I am related, I love just hanging our...conversation is fun, you learn about each other and there's always something to be laughed about (and laughing burns calories).
*(I know this is a 4th but it's very important) Diet Pepsi. Is there really anything else as good? Nope.

3 Fears:
*Gaining weight - I have always had issues with this ...I struggle with it on a daily basis...I'm a freak.
*Bugs/Insects/Spiders- I hate crawly things. I am afraid they are going to go in my eye, ear, mouth, etc. I have Hunter kill them when I see them.
*Failure (at anything) - raising kids, school, work, life in general, church...

3 Goals:
*Raise productive good citizens (my kids)- I think my parents did a dang good job with my siblings with music lessons, sports, and other extracurricular activities...I admire them for having the energy for it all and I'm trying to incorporate the same ....
*No debt- ah...wouldn't that be lovely!
*Serve a mission with Travis

3 Obsessions: (perfection is the biggest- it's awful-it rules my life....)
*Cleaning- I have a schedule for sheets, bathrooms, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, etc....if I don't get them done during the assigned day - I don't sleep well at all.
*Exercising - I do this because I feel good when I do - but especially if I am not eating like I should I obsess over it.
*Fixing things myself. Travis is busy running our company a lot of the time - and as a result I try to conquer anything that is not perfect: plumbing, woodwork, yardwork, etc. on my own. I've learned a lot...but I'm not very good at it...I like things done right when I see they need done...I can't wait. This is a trait I get from my mom.

3 Random Things:
*I don't enjoy anything about cooking. I think it's most coming up with ideas - especially for dinner...I wake up wondering what the heck I will make that night and it haunts me all day. Baking is okay- but that involves sugar- seems much easier and everyone likes sugar.
*When I mow the lawn it has to be diagonal so that it looks better (in my opinion). I love mowing...but not when I'm pregnant.
*I pay bills the day they come in the mail because I'm afraid if I don't, I will forget and they will be late.
*I never sit still- for instance, when my kids are bathing I am cleaning the bathroom. When we are vegging by the tv I am moving loads of laundry or folding, when kids are napping, I am doing business stuff for our BCV company. It makes people crazy that I never sit...also a trait I get from my mom...

Taggers:
Brittany
Scottie
Mary
Heather
Debbie

6 comments:

The Gibbens said...

Good answers! I just finished mine and it's funny we have some of the same things- unfortunatly I do NOT have a schedule for cleaning, and I have little problem being still-

Jake and Lynn said...

was this your tag or mom's? J/k when you mentioned never being able to sit still I totally thought of Mom. Not too shabby of a trait to inherit though. I'm almost coming...are you exicted!!

Heidelweiss said...

Love the post. The one before is so cute as well. Ah, forts. How I loved building forts. That "thing" was meant to be a scarf. I ripped it out and reused the yarn. Stupid "entrelac". You and your weight! You are a stick insect and have nothing to worry about.

SladeMomma said...

I'm glad I got invited to your blog. I've enjoyed getting to know you. This post definitely helped with that. I relate to the never sitting still bit, except that I sit relatively still when I cross stitch. Keep up that drive toward perfection!

Marie said...

Twice baked potatoes is all I have to say :)

Also, I went ahead and logged onto your account so I could add myself to your invitees for your blog. I guess I have to do everything myself around here! Apparently I am not on your TOP 3 fabvorite things, so I don't rate.

Meg said...

So great to get to read about you. I love your "My Kids" section in your 3 Joys list. I read, kids laughter and smiled and then read "little hand holding mine," and though, "awwwww, yep!" and then "kid conversation" and thought, "Too fun!" What a perfect list!