You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Thursday, July 3, 2008

Little Mr. T


So we are sitting in church on Sunday (6/29) and I am watching Ty eat some snacks, when I realize his left hand is about 3 times larger than his right. It didn't seem to bother him, so as we are beginning the sacrament, I show Travis...after a little quiet discussion, we decide that it is probably safest to find out why it is so swollen and tight...so, we finish the sacrament and Travis takes Ty and goes home and takes him to Urgent Care. I had to stay at church because my primary class was in charge of sharing time...In the meantime, I kept my cell phone on me to make sure I could get word when we knew what was happening. After a quick in and out at the UC Travis sent me a text that everything was fine. Ty had likely been bitten by a wasp/bee/ bug/ insect of some kind and had an allergic reaction - so they sent him home with some Allegra to try to control the swelling. I got one picture, not sure if you can truly see the size difference in his hands...but here it is. (You can tell if you compare the cup hand to the free hand).


This is one day after swimming lessons and refusing to take a nap until she laid still for more than a few moments....thumb and all.



Hunter got a hold of the camera...not the greatest picture... but very Hunter.


This set of pictures is a day with no naps...we ended up taking the older kids to swim and Tyler fell asleep on the couch watching Nursery Rhymes (courtesy of Grandma and Grandpa) - we snapped a few shots...it was pretty cute. (yes he was eating a sucker that stuck to his face as he fell asleep).







This was at a water/fun day that some friends had...Hunter want to ride the horse and Tyler wanted on as well...it turned out to be one of the highlights!

14 comments:

Brigg and Dianne said...

Those sleepy pictures are the CUTEST!
So....how are you feeling these days?

Marci said...

I feel so bad for him, it looks like it hurt! Poor thing! I want to get an invite so my Email address is Mar21Sea@aol.com! Looks like it was one long day at your house!

The Gibbens said...

If that pic of Hunter and Ty on the horse isn't the cutest thing ever... I don't know what is! Going private, eh? Are you serious this time? Make sure I get an invite... or else (just kidding, vailed threats are dumb) You've got my address!

SladeMomma said...

You're really hard on those kids of your, knocking them out all over the place like that! Teehee...

Kristen said...

I got here just in time. I may have missed out on blog stalking you for the rest of my life. Close one! =)

shelb123@yahoo.com

Marie said...

The weather looks so nice over there, LUCKEE

Kellie said...

kmarzetta@gmail.com

You guys have such a cute fam. I love seeing everyone's family grow!

Kellie (Pew) Marzetta

JakenDebbie said...

That is so sad about his hand!! Having two kids with food allergies make me nervous about possible insect allergies as well. The reactions can be so scary!! I'm glad he's okay.

Love the picture on the horse. :)

Rich Angie said...

Aw, cute pics! Poor Ty, that looks painful...I'm surprised he didn't complain.

angeleyes2blue@hotmail.com

Deanna said...

Hi Marie,
I love your blog. The kids are adorable. Scary about the hand thing. A few weeks ago Summer got stung by a bee and then Gracie got stung by a wasp. Anyway, put me on your list. I need to do mine this way too, I just haven't taken the time to do it yet. My e-mail is deannachesley@cox.net. Also, what website did you get your blog background design from. I really want to know. It is so cute!
Take care,
Deanna

HeidiBean said...

Such cute pictures. I cannot believe that hand!

The Oman Family said...

I love how swimming lessons wear the kids out! I love the sleeping pictures!

Unknown said...

Sweet pictures of Gwen!

Melissa Bosen said...

Preston is severly allergic to mosquitoes and has similar reactions. Usually his entire hand and arm will swell like that. But he's also had facial swelling, ear swelling and mild anaphalactic (coughing and hives all over his body). We always use benadryl when the swelling and itching get out of hand. And then we watch closely for signs of infection (streaking) over the next few days. We've had some nasty ones with infections around the eyes that the doctors always freak out about. We actually have an epi-pen now (just in case of emergency) mostly because of the breathing aspect of it. I don't want to make you paranoid, but it is always good to be aware. Preston's symptoms have gradually gotten worse over the past few years. Just something to keep in the back of your mind.