You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Friday, July 11, 2008

A Gardening update

I am not at all a gardener, but I find that trying every year is very fun and I like having my kids help with it....so here are a few pictures of where our "crops" have gotten at this point.

I get excited over very little things....:)


Corn: growing at my mom and dad's house....


Pumpkins, snap peas, cantaloupe, chives, onions, and carrots....(the pumpkins are loads bigger now- overtaking the onions)




This box has tomatoes (big and small) - if they ever bear fruit??
It also has 3 colors of bell peppers, zucchini, and pole beans.

These are the pole beans...they actually climb the trellis thing...I should have gotten a taller one.

8 comments:

SladeMomma said...

Looking at the pictures, your crops don't look like "little things." I'm impressed. Of course, that means not a thing because I am less of a gardener than anybody - I hate the dirt, sweat, bugs...

Brigg and Dianne said...

Very awesome. There's really nothing better than home-grown food. I can't keep anything alive, it might be this vegas heat, or else I'm just really bad at gardening.

TammyP said...

OOOHHH! Your square foot gardening plots are awesome. Am I right to presume that with the vinyl that your hubby had something to do with it? Does he offer garden services?

Halladay212 said...

bell peppers!!! I'm sop jealous of all the crops you have! Can't wait until I have a yard to plant stuff in. Seriously are you sure you're not Martha Stewart?

Marie said...

Dood, I am so impressed with your harvest...you are so ready for the greatest depression :)

slades said...

the growth looks good. i think it is great that you enjoy the process. it is fun to eat what you grow yourself. love you

Heidelweiss said...

You must be some kind of gardener to be growing all that stuff! We're pathetic. Can I come over for dinner when you pick it all?

Melissa Bosen said...

I bet your kids just LOVE going out to the garden to check on things. Hopefully you can keep their little eager hands from picking things too early!! We have that problem! :) Mike's dad always says he's growing kids, not a garden.