You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter

Gwendalin walked around all week with her Easter basket calling it her "Easter"..."Mom, where's my Easter? I left something in it." etc. It was pretty cute.

Hunter adopted his as a space helmet which spilled over to Tyler and Gwennie too and they all wore them on their heads.

For FHE on Monday night, Hunter did the lesson about the Resurrection/Atonement with his "Resurrection Eggs"...there are 12 eggs in a carton (Plastic) with something in each one: nail, white piece of cloth, rubber band piece (whip), crown of thorns, spear, empty egg (empty tomb), cup (last supper), money (30 pieces of silver), donkey (rode a donkey), dice (they played "games" for Christ's belongings), praying hands (praying in Gethsemane), and rock (stone in front of the tomb). Those are listed out of order, but you get the idea. I save them and we pull them out every year. It's a good way for them to remember the purpose of the season.

Our egg hunt was fun. Tyler played in the sandbox as soon as he got outside and Hunter loaded up on eggs...Gwendalin got the idea and did a pretty good job collecting herself.




Church was fun. I had rolled Gwendalin's hair the night before so she was super curly princessey for the occasion. I didn't get pictures of them in their clothes, but I do have pictures of the day.
The fruits of their labors....


We had a family dinner that evening...Travis and I hosted but we assigned food so that it would be easier...this is proof that I made the tarts....it was a 3 day process but I did it... I couldn't be prouder. :)

This is a picture from yesterday- Gwennie wouldn't let me do her hair, but she fell asleep and you can see how curly her hair still was.

10 comments:

Jake and Lynn said...

so fun!!! I'm sad I missed the egg hunt! Dude...those tarts look so good way to go!

The Gibbens said...

Those tarts WERE so good! Thanks again for hostessing- you always do great- and i loved that you "sat" for a minute. Gwennie looks so angelic sleeping- what blessings they are, aren't they... I sent you the pics that I took that had your kiddo's in them-

Brigg and Dianne said...

Oh, to have a yard! I am so jealous. I totally love Gwennie's curls. It all looked like oodles (and oodles and oodles) of fun. How fun to have Carrie there!

JakenDebbie said...

I love what you do for Easter FHE...I will have to borrow that for next year!

slades said...

loved the weekend!!!!!!!1kids are so cute

SladeMomma said...

My favorite picture is the last one of your precious daughter asleep. What a darling!

Gretch said...

Looks like you guys had a great Easter. I'll have to get your exact lesson that you did for FHE, it sounded really good. All the pictures of your kids are great! Those tarts looked yummy too!

Heidelweiss said...

Oh my goodness. How cute are your kids!? Gwendalin is your twin. She's beautiful (as are the boys). Congratulations on your next, you are a crazy woman and also Mother of the Year!

Heidelweiss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Bosen said...

That picture of Gwendalyn could be on her wedding video someday. What a cutie pie. And I want the FHE lesson too!! Sounds like a good tradition to keep.