You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Spring Break

Gwendalin is very intrigued with me being pregnant and walks around holding her belly all the time. (By the way, I don't do that, I don't know where she picked it up). Anyway, she'll eat and then show me how fat her belly is and tell me she's having a girl and her name is Annabelle. It's pretty cute.

Hunter is driving me crazy with his social need to be with someone all the time. (Playing) He makes me nuts on the afternoons after school when he can't find a friend to play with...what happened to good old fashioned pretend play by yourself? He doesn't understand the concept. Spring break was okay because the whole neighborhood was out of school, so he could play with pretty much anyone he wanted. I have become very picky about his friends however, just because we have had some issues with inappropriate discussions with some "friends." Makes me CRAZY!

Tyler's latest is to lay on my bed and watch The Sandlot. He will watch it forever if he could. He's darling...laying on his stomach feet propped up and swaying back and forth. He is very into giving kisses lately too, which has also been lots of fun.

I was fortunate enough to go see my sister Lynn in California last weekend with my sister Tricia. She and Jake blessed Annabelle on Sunday so my parents and brothers drove up and we got to see them for a few hours before we all went our separate ways...it is always fun to join back as siblings...doesn't happen often enough anymore. Anyway, the trip was fun, lots of good weather, long walks, some shopping, lounging, and playing with sweet baby. I didn't take my camera so I don't have any pictures....and I left Travis with it and he didn't take any either...so there are none.

Travis stayed home with the kids and played for the most part - taking them to fast food play places, neighbors for bbq's, etc. they had a blast and I think he did too.

4 comments:

Brigg and Dianne said...

Your husband is great to take the kids for that long. I think Brigg and I would both be scared to death to leave him with the kids all by himself for longer than 24 hours. I'll bet getting together with everyone was oodles (and I do mean oodles) of fun. Getting together with family is one of my favorite things (along with brown paper packages tied up with strings, and girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes).

Heidelweiss said...

Travis is a good boy. Steve loves spending one on one time with the kids (I think secretly he feels proud of himself). Kids friends-AHHHH. Will is 3 and some of his friends are rotten-obviously it's easier to control at this age than when they get older but it still makes me nuts.

Trish said...

SOunds like it was a fun weekend. California always has good weather. I never had the chance yet to tell you congratulations on the pregnancy. You kept it a secret for so long.

Jake and Lynn said...

Uhhhh how awesome was sisters weekend! We totally united ourselves! Too bad we're all lame and didn't take a lot of pictures! Miss you already.