You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas!!!

Well, we lived through it! Ha! It was a fun Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We made a snowman on Christmas Eve since it had just snowed. I bundled up the kiddies and out we went - Hunter refuses to wear a real coat (I think he gets that from my brother Scott), and I was rolling the snowman balls with garden gloves on (I am a retard - obviously from AZ) - Tye wouldn't keep his gloves on, so his hands were red and freezing cold! But, nonetheless, we had fun making him. He's still out on the front lawn.

Christmas day was fun. We made it to bed around 10:00. Hunter was up at 11:30 with a bad dream and so I went and laid with him for a few. Then at 1:15 he was next to Travis' side of the bed going "Dad, Look What Santa brought!" Travis was delirious. I marched him back to his bed and told him not to get up until there was a "7" as the first number on the clock. Lo and behold at 2:30 I look in the hall and all of the lights are on. I went into the family room, and there's Hunter on the bean bag with his Stocking watching cartoons. I was so mad....I marched him again back to his room and told him he would get it if he got up again. This time we made it until 7:30. So, Travis and I were so tired on Christmas morning, but it was still fun.

Hunter loved his pocket knife (courtesy of his dad) and lost it later in the day at Grandma's. We are going to keep looking - but there's not much hope of finding it out in the rocks in the empty field. He was devastated.


Gwendalin got a bike and rode it through the house a few times. She loves it! She also got a little digital camera that she loves!


Tye got a little ride on bike that he wouldn't let us get put together - he just sat on the frame while we opened presents. The minute he wasn't on it or watching it - my dad nabbed it and got it put together.


Some other family favorites were the games Elefun, Wack-A-Mole, and the Fort that Santa brought to everyone. It was lots of fun to be together and see the kids have such a great time!








7 comments:

Jake and Lynn said...

SOOOOOOOO FUNNN! I'm glad that you had such an great Christmas. We missed you guys. I think Tye looks like the kid on christmas story in the pic with all his coat and layers on. I can picture him thinking " I can't put my arms down!"

slades said...

Good pictures!!! It was a fun and a very nice Christmas. love those kids

Marie said...

What a fun Christmas! Those pictures are great. I love that Ty wouldn't let you put the wheels on his toy.
Next year you will have to set Hunter's alarm and tell him he can't get up until it goes off!

Brigg and Dianne said...

Cute pictures! What a fun Christmas for your family. Your kids are so awesome. Yes, Haley's birthday is something I am careful about: no birthday presents in Christmas wrapping paper, etc. But I don't think she cares right now.

Brittany and Scott said...

your kids are so cute and it looks like everyone had a fun christmas. and you will never believe it, but scott wore a coat over christmas. he's my little thermometer and i always know its cold if he's cold.

JakenDebbie said...

It makes me so happy to see how fun Christmas is for everyone. We love it too!! Your kids are so adorable!!

Marie said...

k dood, Christmas is TOTALLY over! What's up man?