You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Monday, December 3, 2007

tis the season....to be - tired!

Today was a visit to the dentist for both Hunter and Gwendalin. Hunter loved every minute of it, while Gwendalin wanted me to hold her the entire time. Lucky for me Tye was home sleeping so I could hold her. (Thanks to my mom for sitting at my house while he napped....you're the GREATEST!) Anyway, they both came away cavity free! Wahoo!!!! Now from the whole ordeal I guess it wiped them out because they are both asleep - Hunter on the chair and Gwendalin on the floor...


This last week was eventful. Everyone was sick at least one day with some sort of flu. It was so bad that Travis missed a day of work...which he never does. And I must say I have had my fill of cleaning up puke that came out of someone else. Not my favorite thing. We got the Christmas decorations up, and the tree up, and some of the packages wrapped.




You may have noticed I loved to wrap pictures on the walls....It's a cheap way to make it look very festive. I did the picture of the Savior this year and opened it a little bit...I love how it turned out. I also wrapped my kid's pictures on the mantle......I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

Hunter tested for his Tiny Tiger Red belt in Karate and got it...next he goes to black ! He is pretty excited. Travis took the dogs and did some bird hunting....and I did a ka-trillion loads of puke laundry.

8 comments:

Brittany and Scott said...

i hope everyone is feeling better. clean up duty is no fun. and did travis shoot the bear by your christmas tree?

Travis and Marie said...

Yes, all of the "dead" things by the Christmas tree are compliments of the great hunter that lives with us :)

jolleyzoo said...

Sorry to read that you were all sick, that is never fun. Hope you were able to reat a little, I know mom's hardly ever get a sick day.
The Christams decorations look great, so it's true the season is here huh! GUess I should get serious about getting the stuff up.

bledsoeblog said...

I love the idea of wrapping the kids pictures, and the picture of the Savior is beautiful! You are amazing Marie!

Marie said...

Dood, that sucks that you were all so sick. That kinda makes me want to puke just thinking of all that puke.
Nice stockings by the way. Where did you BUY them?

Travis and Marie said...

ah yes....I made those lovely stockings with the help of my great friend!

Brigg and Dianne said...

I love the photo wrapping idea! I may have to copycat. Same with the sickies here. Only the baby has escaped the bug going around (thank goodness).

Daniel and Kerri said...

What neat and fun ideas to decorate the house. You have some beautiful children. It is fun hearing all about you and your family.