You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tickled myTummy!

Tonight I had to take Hunter to soccer practice. The great part about his practices are that he is at a park, so while he practices, my kids can play. I always bring something to read while they play and he does his soccer thing, but tonight I got on the swings with my 3 little ones. I pushed them "higher" and "pulled their legs" and then got in swing beside them. I pumped my legs and laughed hysterically (Dallin found me quite amusing) as I swung back and forth. My stomach 'tickled' as I went back and forth. I couldn't stop laughing. For those brief moments I didn't have a care in the world and the laughter was contagious. At one point I put Dallin on my lap and he held on both chains and I held on one handed with the other hand across his tummy....this technic worked for a bit and we got pretty high and then the one handed hold on my part started us going crooked. This started his laughter (good hearty belly kid laughter) because we twisted and turned and it was great! I found myself kissing his head as we went this way and that and Tyler and Gwendalin thought it was hilarious! I realized I love doing stuff like this with my kids....I was FREE from all adult thought, all stress, all chaos, and loved to sniff Dallie's head as we went back and forth and as I pushed Gwennie and Texas super high! What a blessing it was to be able to swing with my kids!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

love it~ Sometimes I forget how fun it is to just be a kid.

Brittany and Scott said...

swinging is seriously the best!! if i wasn't afraid that i would break jackson's swing set i would be out there swinging everyday too.

The Gibbens said...

I love tihs... thank you for posting it, I can just hear the laughter and see the smiles in my head full of memories... laugh often... I think that is some of the best advice! kids are always laughing, we need to "remember" to laugh... how sad- laugh! laugh! laugh! out loud... thanks again.