You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Camping we will go....

Every year at the start of "Elk Season" we go camping - I would love love to go more, but sometimes it doesn't happen. This year we went up to Warm Lake - it was beautiful....there were trees, streams, HAMMOCKS (we brought those :)), dirt, and lots of fun. It was great. In spite of there being a BEAR - yes a BEAR that would visit the campground at night it was great. Mom and dad slept in a screen room on an air matress for 2 of the nights....yes we knew there was a bear and they did it anyway, I told Travis we should since we were sleeping in their trailer, but they insisted on sleeping out there and Travis said he didn't like to be able to see what was going to come and eat him . ;). Robby and Mary and their family came with their dog and Justin and Rebecca met us up there the last night (they had a personal visit from the bear that night - all night).....Justin now has a vengence to get him back. The kids loved the hammocks, loved our "bath" at night and loved junk food. I forgot how much I love being in the woods (in a trailer of course) where I can't do the normal things I do at home....I played slap jack with Hunter - we swung in hammocks, read ( I wish I did more of that)...and played games at night. It was awesome and I make a vow right now that we WILL be going more often.


















div>











4 comments:

The {Prince} Family said...

Looked FUN! I am jealous.......... I love to camp too :)

ps- LOVE the pic of your kiddies wrapped in the huge blanket by the fire. Darling! Hope you and Travis are doing well :)

The Gibbens said...

my kids must NEVER see this post! I like the pic where Mary looks very dis-trusting of dad's cardplaying... and the one of Tex asleep in the hammock, the ones by the stream... oh, I just love all of it... where's the pic of the bear, really? Justin thought of grabbing his bow and NOT the camera? glad it was fun, and I agree, we never have gone enough for all of the beautiful places to go there...

Brigg and Dianne said...

Looks like so much fun! *Sigh, I wish we did more stuff like that. Well, maybe someday....

Jake and Lynn said...

I'm going next time! Looks like so much fun!