You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Monday, February 1, 2010

Relaxing...

We've been spending a lot of time relaxing lately - well the kids have. Travis and I are too stressed to relax really, but we love watching them do it. :) We have been sick around here so there have been lots of baths, we stayed home from church on Sunday, and we've done lots of "lounging." I got a bath pillow and face mask from my parents for Christmas. My kids love to bathe in my bathtub - it's jetted...they hate the jets really, but love the size of mine compared to theirs. So, they tried out all of my relaxing bath toys that mom and dad gave me. Tyler didn't really get the idea of the mask, he tried to see out of it when I took his picture. Hunter decided to be Rambo on Sunday when we were home from church : protective chest gear and helmet before he used his Nerf machine gun. Dallin just mostly wanders around from person to person to see what he should be doing next. ANyway, lots of inventive ways to pass "sick time" - they even used headbands to "fight" one night....yes, that led to lots of tears....I hope it makes for good memories for them later...I have lots of great memories like that from my childhood. Oh and we repainted the middle of Gwendalin's room - the border that was there had to go...it was hideous.













9 comments:

Heidelweiss said...

Fun pics. I love the Rambo costume. LOVE the border in Gwendalin's room. SOOO adorbs!

The Oman Family said...

Gwendalin's rooms is so cute! I love the border.

The Gibbens said...

Truly, I do not spend enough time with those kids and their mama these days! Too cute for words... too cute.

Melissa said...

Super Cute!

Melissa said...

LOL! So I guess I should explain why I hate vacuum lines. I love carpet that looks clean whether I vacummed it two minutes ago or 2 hours ago. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of carpet! Our current carpet is what I call apartment carpet, it's crappy and most of it ends up in the cannister of my vacumm. I actually love to vacumm, I just hate that my carpet looks crappy even after I vacumm. And of course since I have small space there isn't really a good way to vacumm so that lines match up. So they look crappy at my house. That's why I hate vacumm lines! :) ha ha ha~

Marie said...

How did you get the circles so perfect?

Melissa Bosen said...

Ahh, that pillow looks amazing!
You're a great mother, Marie! Don't ever let the adversary convince you otherwise.
You're a great friend too. Thanks for checking my blog. I think you're one of about 3 people who check up on me! I know, I know, I'm slow to update. But still...

Amy said...

Where did your parents get your bath pillow from? That looks like a thing I could totally enjoy!!! I can tell Mike before Valentines Day and avoid the gross I Love You Balloon that he picks up at the grocery store. Loser. Also, I love love love Gwenie's room. So cute. I am a huge fan of that apple blossom green and pink. So much so that I'm thinking about doing that color scheme in my next kitchen. I'm so sick of black and red and khaki. I want fun colors and those colors make me so happy. You can tell by my blog, it has those colors too. Cute post.

Jake and Lynn said...

So fun. I'd love to come over and take a relaxing tub with your pillow and mask. Tell those kids to live it up...those were the best carefree days!