You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Monday, February 22, 2010

Girl's Weekend in Sundance!

The first weekend in February we held a "girl's" weekend. My sister Lynn married into a family that was kind enough to allow us the use of their gorgeous cabin in Sundance Utah. I have more pictures than this but I didn't want to hold off posting - so more pics wll come. We invited everyone (girls) that branched from my mom and her 3 sisters. We had all of the cousins turn out and a few of the "married in" cousins as well. We played games, ate way too much junk food, sat by a constant fire, talked, told stories, dreams, jokes, memories, had hair demonstrations, went to bed way too late, cried, didn't change diapers, got a car unstuck from the snow, and watched the snow fall. My grandparents even came up for the afternoon . Grandma got her hair cute and toes painted - she is darling - very regal classy woman. We went to church with grandpa on Sunday - I think there were like 12 of us with him....it was great! Anyway, it was very relaxing, very renewing to draw strength from everyone - each in our own set of circumstances, each wanting the others to succeed. I know the Lord was very wise in allowing us families, they truly are a gift.





































3 comments:

Marie said...

I LOVE a girl's weekend!! And I love that cabin!

The Gibbens said...

What a great tradition to start. I'm so thankful that we could all go, and that we are all family- thanks for the post, you DID get a lot of pics!

Jake and Lynn said...

Yeah that was an awesome weekend!!! Let's do it again soon!!!