You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Saturday, February 20, 2010

An ode to my sister


let me tell you about this amazing person that I am lucky enough to be related to... her name is Trish, but I call her Teton.


You might think that it must be her birthday or something for me to do an "ode." It isn't. She is "Ode-worthy" 366 days a year. Yes, that was 366, there is nothing wrong with your eyes. So I said I was going to tell you about her, here goes:


she is: the prettiest girl

the nicest mom

the best BIG sister

a perfect example of how to chill out on the couch and let the cleaning wait for you- she's not on the houses schedule, she won't be pressured into dishes, laundry, dusting, floor scrubbing, cooking, etc... no, not her... The only thing that waits for no man, is vacuming- and she makes the straightest, most lovely vacume lines you've ever seen.


The voice of an angel, the body of a greek goddess (a Rubenesque-zaftig greek goddess!), the humility of... something humble, and the integrity of... well don't trust her with your passwords, but other than that, she's as "integral" as they come!


And since she has hacked my blog... that's all there is to say~ it is very likely that marie will (and she should) remove this post... hopefully she is the only one who sees this in the meantime ;-) Love you sister!



6 comments:

The Gibbens said...

Wow! You really are the nicest sister for saying all of that! Thanks!

ps. you should check your blog... i'm a ninja, you saw nothing!

The Gibbens said...

ps... that only came when I was logging in as you and up came the "manage your blog" page and my evil little mind started working... all because I was just trying to get to Sam and Anna's blog to check out their HI photos!!! forgive me? delete it? please? love you!

The Oman Family said...

Sorry Trish! I saw it and loved it! You crack me up!

Jake and Lynn said...

too late...the damage has been done. muree is not the only one who's seen this post. Now I know the truth, I'm the 2nd class sister whose been banished out of state!!!

Just kiddin' ladies. I say a big Amen to this cute post!!

Travis and Marie said...

I love that you hacked my blog and put up an "ode to you" -it's so great!

Marie said...

Its all true - voice like an angel for sure!!