You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Shall we say emotional?

Every parent knows that a tired kid equals a severely emotional kid. Nothing is right, regardless of your efforts to make it so, and for me this becomes quite the comedy. Tyler is at the point where some days he naps, some he doesn't. These pictures happened to be on a day he didn't. It didn't matter what I did, how I tried, the way I walked, he was upset about the air...I don't even know what he was crying about in the bath, but it was so funny that I just snapped a few pictures. Yes, his hair is crazy, this is because he can't stand any and I mean ANY water on his face, he immediately has to have a towel to wipe any water that may come. So, in an effort to decrease the "drippage" on to his face, I use the towel and dry his hair the best I can. Dallin didn't care a lick, happiest little guy in spite of the lack of sleep drama! I love these little people that God gave me. They are darn cute!




8 comments:

The Oman Family said...

My kids are in the same boat lately. They just refuse to get enough sleep. I sure hope you survive!

Brigg and Dianne said...

Oh my heck, that first picture of Dallin is classic! I love it! Yes, sometimes nothing is right in the world of a child until sleep comes. I've been there, my friend.

Melissa said...

ha ha ha! We definitely have those days.

Marie said...

Dood, I love your kids! I can hear Tye saying owieowieowieowie while he's crying :)

The Gibbens said...

I'm pretty sure I feel like they look a lot of the time... pretty cute~

heatherann said...

Ah,I love it! At least you can find some joy in the moment. Alaina is that way and once she starts she's hard to stop!!

JakenDebbie said...

I *hate* the no nap days. That face is all too familiar. :)

Gretch said...

Ha ha ! Love the pictures! Don't love the drama from super tired kids though. :-)