You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Home...

"Home" is relative term really. I mean you could be gone from your house and want to go "home". You could be at your house and want to be at your parents or in-laws and feel like you are "home." There are many versions of home, but really it boils down to where the people are that you love, right?

Well, in the last 2 weeks my Tyler has been saying on a fairly regular basis "I wan go home." Even if we are at our house. It doesn't bother me if he says it in the car, but when he says it when we are actually at our house I freak out a little. Is it an idiciation of something that could happen in the future? When I prod him for more information, like "Who are you going to see at home?" He responds the same every time - Kenna. So maybe he's just antsy to be somewhere else than where he is playing with cousin Kenna...

But...the thought has crossed not only my mind as he continues to say it but also his Dad's mind and my mom has also thought it: What if he's referring to his Heavenly Home?

I am a freak I know, but sometimes I can't bare the thought of not having all of my family with me for the entire duration of my stay here on this earthly home....Am I nuts?

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Kendilyn did the same thing...from about 22 months until as of lately she always wanted to go home...I finally figured out it was when ever she wanted to go somewhere...she could not for some reason figure out the difference between car rides and home, so if she wanted to go some where or we would say we were going some where, whe would say she wanted to go home...and now she uses it when she is scared...she is terrified of characters, santa, easter bunnies, so if we see something somwhere she screams to go home...

the story you were thinking of was about Tracie...she was always into trouble!!!

Melissa Bosen said...

I can relate, Marie. Aiden told me one day that Daddy was going to live with Jesus today. I got right on the phone to make sure that Mike was safely sitting in his office! Losing my Dad too soon makes me keenly aware of how fragile life circumstances are, and I admit to thinking about it sometimes too. But I think of the millions of families that never go through that. The majority of families don't have to and that brings me a little bit of comfort. :) Kids say the funniest things that are off the wall and make no sense, but when they actually sound "deep" then we freak out and wonder about the underlying meaning. You're not nuts! :)

Heidelweiss said...

You're not nuts. It's totally normal to freak out about stuff like that. I do it all the time.

The Gibbens said...

Not nuts... when it comes down to it we are pretty selfish- not like in a bad way- but given our understanding of the hereafter and of the eternal nature of families, you would think that we would be more okay with things like Tex saying this and our minds going to, "Home with Heavenly Father?"... but we want our sweet ones here with us forever and ever- must mean we love em lots and bunches. That goes for all family, mom, dad, husbands, kids, sisters, brothers- and it doesn't change when we are grown- we still want these people forever... and really, we will- thank heavens for a gospel knowledge, huh?

heatherann said...

Who isn't nuts when it comes to that? I would think the same thing and I do. I want my kids with me every minute I'm here.... It's perfectly NORMAL!!:) Who else is going to let me eat their cheeks?!?

Marie said...

Dood, you're not nuts. I would freak out too...in fact, I kind of am right now!!

JakenDebbie said...

Not nuts, not at all. I hate it when kids get deep like that. :) Anna and Tyler have both said things in the past that have had me freaking out. Then my practical Mom reminds me that even if something were to happen, there would be a reason for it. Not that that would make it any easier!!! But through recent experiences, I have learned that we can get through the things that Heavenly Father wants us to.

Brigg and Dianne said...

Very interesting... Something to think about. I truly think the veil is thinner for young children. Maybe his connection with the pre-existance is distancing a little as he gets older. Then again, he might have simply heard it on TV or something. You're not nuts.