You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Friday, April 17, 2009

Lunch with a first grader...

Tomorrow is Hunter's birthday so I copied the idea from a friend (Debbie) and went to eat lunch with him at school today. The morning started out horribly....fighting, screaming, dirty sweats, tears, crazy hair...it all was chaos and I ended up taking Hunter to school late because we had to have a "talk" about why there was so much anger with us lately. My mom came and got the other 3 and left me to talk with him....it wasn't the greatest talk, he just wanted to go to school so he was very agreeable with whatever I was saying...but we tried.
Anyway, I met him at school and ate lunch with him...very fun. When we were done eating he informed me that now it was recess but I didn't need to stay for that. :) Here are a few pictures:

3 comments:

The Gibbens said...

I think what a cool idea! I just hate mornings like that when everything just feels angry and crazy off to school. Glad you had a talk.

SladeMomma said...

My daughter-in-law's tradition is to bring in lunch for the birthday child, i.e. their favorite Sesame Chicken, and then eat with them in the cafeteria. Much more delicious that way.

JakenDebbie said...

Hooray! I am so glad you did that!! I wish I would have thought to bring a camera...I LOVE the pictures! :)