You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Sunday, April 13, 2008

Yes, it is what you think...

Lint on paper.

Hunter wanted to help me with the laundry, particularly emptying the lint screen. Well, who am I to turn down any help from a young enthusiast? So, I told him to make me a note since I had just emptied it and he could do the next one. This is proof that he is my child...he went above and beyond a note, he tool old lint out of the trash can and taped it to a piece of paper to serve as my reminder. What a guy! I thought it was very clever...he worked on it for like an hour.

This has been a whirlwind week. Mom and dad left today after being set apart this morning before our 9am church block. Tricia and my husbands are out of town on business, so we were the lone mothers to get our kids ready and make it to the setting apart before church...and...tada! We made it. The blessings were very nice...lengthy but nice. I most wandered the stake president's office making sure Tyler didn't make too large of a mess. He really wanted to talk on the phone...which eventually he did get to and I just held down the button to keep it connected. He managed to remove the lamp from a table, take all the dry erase markers and erasers off the white board and walk past the stake president during both blessings. It was joyful. :) There was a large sigh of relief when it was done.

Church was great, mom and dad spoke on living by faith rather than fear. It was a nice meeting. Tricia and I sang "Jesus the Very th ought of Thee", at dad's request...our accompanist was a gem and rewrote a lot of the accompaniment so it sounded less "hymn like". We got to mom and dad's after the block and enjoyed a quick lunch and then off they went....I don't think the kids have any clue what is happening...but it was nice to hang out for the better part of the morning.

OTHER EVENTS OF THE WEEK:

Tyler loves wearing Hunter's karate sparring gear...he even wears the helmet backwards sometimes...it is darling.


This is a picture of Tyler after I let him have a little bag of chocolate cookies and left the room only for moments, to come back and find him like this - this first picture is blurry but I love the look he is giving- like he knows something I don't.



Scottie was here for a few minutes at the beginning of the week. I consider our family very close (sibling wise / parent wise) and it is always nice to be together. Travis had to adjust to the closeness of our family, but he has come around and loves to hang our with them as much as I do. :) I am glad I can honestly say that I adore my husband's side of the family as much as my own....a blessing I think he appreciates as well as do I. Here is Scottie with my kids (Tyler was a beast ...and Hunter had stamped his forehead with a stamp he got from school) and then a picture of him with Tricia's kiddos. (Kenna did her own hair.)



And my kiddos sitting on their chairs on the couch...(dangerous, but they love it) a common scene at our house.


This is my darling husband taking the kiddies for a ride around the neighborhood last week. They love rides with their daddy.

6 comments:

Heather said...

how fun for your parents to go on a mission. You all will be so blessed because of it. Sounds like my family is just as close as yours and dustin I think has had to get used to it too!

The Gibbens said...

I love this post! It has been a crazy week, and what a day today! All of this single mom-ness makes me marvel at those who do it full time, can you even imagine? Families are such a blessing, in that I also include my in-laws. I think everyone has an adjustment period, but once we realize there is good, and that the way we grew up isn't the only right way, what great relationships can grow... afterall, I owe them for my sweetheart- they grew him!!! Great post!

SladeMomma said...

I'm so excited for your parents to be leaving on a mission...and so jealous... They are such wonderful people which, I am positive, is why they have such a wonderful, closely knit family. Lucky you! (We have the same so I know)

I want to know what Scott's T-shirt says.

jolleyzoo said...

Loving all of your posts! And happy to see them more often!

Jake and Lynn said...

I love this post and the one before it...I haven't been blogging for a while. I have to admit I was a little jealous of my brother sitting with our nieces and nephews. I miss them. As for Mom and Dad, I miss them already. Thanks for being awesome sister, and thanks for letting Tyler have cookies so you can snap cute photos of him!

Heidelweiss said...

1) that lint is the grossest thing I've ever seen!
2) the pics are darling-such cute kids.
3) yea you for keeping it together while sending your parents off!

What a week!