You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. some may be significant only to you. some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. - President Hinckley



Sunday, April 6, 2008

Week O' Fun

This week was a fun one. Travis had a hunting trip planned and was out of town for a few days, so like tradition, Marie came up while he was gone and we played. I love it when she is here, as do my kids, she makes us laugh!

We went out on Thursday evening with Tricia and her girls and let the kids play at Carl's Jr. while we sat around and chatted. Gwendalin was exhausted (due to no nap) and was crying at the drop of a hat. At one point she may have had reason because her lip was bleeding. I had my camera, so I captured it on film. :) She has definitely been an emotional female the past weeks.


My birthday was on the 4th so we ventured out with the kids to have a picnic. I think we may have picked possibly the coldest day to go...but it was still fun. The kids packed their lunch boxes and felt ever so grown up. I indulged myself( or should I say, Travis indulged me - that will be his present to me.:)) by getting my hair done (thanks to Marie watching my kids) and I bought a French Silk pie to celebrate the occasion. It was so so good. We also ventured to the store and bought some fabric for a blanket and some new sleepers for Ty. It was a successful day.







Marie's birthday was on the 5th so we went out to dinner (Texas Roadhouse)...yum! Tricia was able to come with us and we spent most of the evening brainstorming boy names....I've got a nice list to discuss with Travis upon his arrival home...we'll see if our efforts were successful. :)


Today we had lunch between conference sessions with my parents and Tricia and her girls. It is so fun to have them so close. I am anxious for them to embark on this new mission adventure, but definitely sad to have them go...we will miss them so much. I think the kids will even more. The highlight of the afternoon was seeing/playing with their new home (trailer) . The kids thought it was fantastic and are anxious to go camping. I think it will suit them well for their living arrangements while they are gone.


This is just a picture of Tyler asleep (yes, that is the edge of my bed) watching The Sandlot this week. He is a darling- feet crossed and all. :)


I loved conference, the bits that I was able to catch with my full attention. What a wonderful gospel we have. I am grateful that Christ stands at its head and that with all the change that takes place, there is still personal revelation that the mantle is with the right person.

8 comments:

Brigg and Dianne said...

What a nice time you must have had. Cute pic of your little guy asleep on the bed. It's always fun to visit with friends. I think I need a girls week.... or at least a weekend....soon.

Melissa Bosen said...

We have a family tradition to go to lunch in between Saturday sessions too. We go with the Clare family. We had 13 adults and 11 kids (age 5 and younger). It's always a madhouse, but so fun too. Conference was awesome--especially the last session today. My hand couldn't write fast enough. Can't wait for the Ensign so I can see what I missed while shushing kids. :)

Arnett's said...

Did Marie wet her pants and have to wear a sarong?!

SladeMomma said...

It took me a minute to figure out the two Maries...

Marie said...

Dood, it was such a fun weekend!!!

Gretch said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Your hair looks super cute. So Gwennie has her emotional once a month pms too. My girls get that, what is with the emotional outbursts starting so early???

Oh and yes to your comment awhile ago. End of September and it looks like I'll be needing to hear your list of boy names. :)

JakenDebbie said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! I'm glad you indulged yourself -- you should! I didn't realize your parents were going a mission -- where to? That is very exciting!! Love ya, Marie!

bledsoeblog said...

Happy Birthday! It is so fun to read up on your family. Your hair is way cute by the way!
So, what are the boys names? Can't wait to hear them! You look amazing.